1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been in reflect?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'm_Danni_x, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Have you been in reflect? Did it ruin your future job chances?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2015.
  1. Yes I have and it's affected my chances to get a job.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes I have but it hasn't affected my chances to get a job.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I haven't been in reflect/I've been in reflect and i'm still at school.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I'm_Danni_x

Reflect is a punishment in schools if your behaviour is bad. In a room, there are desks, similar to cubicles and it's highly supervised by staff. You haven't got access to the normal school privileges and until you proove that you can go back to your lessons, you're stuck in there. We have it in the UK and I'm not sure if many other countries have it.

Has it affected your future job applications if you have been in reflect?

2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have something like that in our school although we have a different name for it: Inclusion. I'm in the UK also. The staff member who supervises that used to be a prison guard so it must be quite scary. I've never been in it: I'm a very well behaved student. :grin:

I don't know how severely it would impact job applications, maybe it's like a criminal record? I suppose it would sort of depend on how long you were in there for, how often, how long ago, etc.

3. Yosia

Things such as this will not affect your chances to get a career because you don't even need to provide details such as this.

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in the UK and I've never heard of schools having a "reflect" or maybe it's just my age showing.

Is it some alternative to detention? I never got held back after school, except that one time my entire class was held back because of one guy. We all hated him for a while.

Employers might find it odd if you don't have a Facebook account.

I'm a bit like my dad. His bosses respect him because he's dependable yet he speaks his mind and doesn't suck up to anyone.

I have an acquaintance who is going to be a lawyer and he is very concerned about these things. He doesn't even really use cuss words. Except some very mild cuss words when he explained how much he hates lies and he's dedicated his life to uncovering the truth.

I think it depends on the job you're wanting and something such as "reflect" doesn't seem that bad, if the person makes an effort to improve themselves. Anyway, somebody could still consider working for themselves.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never heard of this. We only had detention when I was in school here in the US.