1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family homophobia, lukewarm love?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Jun 13, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ladies, gents, and cat people!!! So guess what? My whole immediate family is homophobic... yaaay!!! :slight_smile:. In all seriousness though, I feel really lonely sometimes. I mean I obviously can't talk to them about it, but then I think I'm just playing the victim because, I do have ways to vent and rant and all that jazz :slight_smile:. Thanks to this website and you guys. So I'll just give you a few examples of their homophobic remarks.

My step dad: are you talking to your girlfriend
    ( I got a call from the wildlife rescue coalition I was volunteering at)
    Me: you know I don't roll that way
    Mom: don't be inappropriate.
    Wtf does that mean, and you wanna know what kills me folks, my mom's mother is a toats lesbo.... excuse the slang... I mean I know she probably must've gotten a hard time for having a gsy mom growing up, but you'd think she'd be a bit more understanding.

Another example:
    My sister: how do you know you like boys
    Me: because I do
    My sister: you don't know unless you've been with one
    What I wanted to say was.. because I yank my chain while watching men get it on.. but of course I bit my tongue and I didn't want to ruin our fun time together

Another example:
    My brother: you know it's a choice.
    Me: ok, take our grandmother for example
    My brother: she made a choice
    Me: so you're telling me that you can "choose" to get hard off of another dude

Ya see people, but it really doesn't affect me anymore, because it's to be expected from the type of family I grew up in. And plus I always have my Facebook friends and you guys. Till next time ;-)(!)(!)(!)

2. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some people are terribly homophobic... I know my family is too, but only my mom knows and she tries to stay neutral it seems...
    Good you have enough people that know it's not a choice :>