1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking someone out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

So, can you really just walk up to someone and ask them out (same or oppisite sex)?Is this a real thing? I can't picture it. When I'm in public I get a "don't ask me anything personal" vibe from pretty much everyone. Is this all in my head?

Do you have to be friends first to ask someone out?

If you feel someone is too attractive to ask out...should you ask them out anyone?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure it's happened. I prefer to flirt a little first.

3. Lyana

I've never felt the desire to ask someone out whom I didn't know quite well already -- I tend to fall for friends, or make friends with those I fall for --, but it is a thing. My ex-roommate, a proud feminist, enjoys asking guys out. Guys she knows, but isn't friends with and doesn't see that often. She'll invite them out for a drink, and hope they accept. As far as I know, though she's never done it to a stranger.

I've been chatted up by strangers, and since I don't hate all humans I usually stay a moment to thank them and chat with them. Basically they start by saying Hello, and then telling me I look great. (This is a formula, apparently.) It's led to me eventually being asked out/asked for my number on a couple occasions, but the timing was usually wrong (me in a relationship). But anyway, people do it.
    I don't think I could! I usually need a bit more than just a glance to know I want to go on a date with someone. And I'm much too shy.

No one is too attractive to ask out! How about too attractive not to ask out?
    I think you should ask out anyone you actually want to go on a date with. But if you're not self-confident enough... Flirting is the way to go.