1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where/how did you meet your partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThatFrostyGuy, Jun 14, 2015.

1. ThatFrostyGuy

And who initiated it? Just wondering. It'd be interesting to see if this truly is the internet age, or if it's mostly done the old fashioned way.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    School~
    She initiated it. She came out as bisexual to me a month before, and I lied an told her I didn't like girls.
    We were close as friends, really close, and one day I kissed her on the cheeks. She said "what if one time you miss and get my lips?"
    I told her I wouldn't mind because we are close friends anyway. She said she would definitely notice it. I asked if she'd like it jokingly and she didn't reply and changed the subject.
    Later that day, she confessed to me over text. We were texting, kissing on the lips came up again, and she said she felt she had a huge crush on me (I was her first big crush) and I told her I really liked her too.
    I'm glad she did it over text. I may have rejected her in person because it would be too overwhelming, because I wasn't only accepting I am in a relationship with her, I was coming to terms that I wasn't straight.

3. Sek

Sek

We came into each other's lives via a dating app, but we met for the first time at a gay bar. He had initiated the meetup a few times before we finally met for drinks on his birthday. It was too perfect of an excuse to ignore.

4. The Wallflower

5. Lyana

I noticed her on the first day of class in my second year of uni. Learned her name within days, and then just sat down next to her in class and said, "So your name is X, right?"
    And we hit it off -- as friends, first, since neither of us knew the other was into women. (Damn, I was lucky.) Literally the only thing I knew about her was her first name. I'm still not sure why I singled her out, out of 75 people in the lecture hall, but I did.

Still young, still have the advantage of meeting people I have stuff in common with just by virtue of having the same classes. I imagine in the future, it may be different, but right now, I don't feel the need to meet people online.

6. Harp Grey

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my "friend with benefits" via a dating app! We matched like 5 minutes after I started to use the app the first time ever, chatted a little and the next date he initiated a meeting. We went on a date on a café and ended up my place and welll... the rest is history ^^

7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on an online forum about five years ago and became friends. Lost touch for a while. Reconnected via Tumblr and then moved to Facebook. She told me she was pansexual and, after a while, started saying she had a crush on a girl but didn't know if she would be interested. I had a feeling she was talking about me but told myself she wasn't. Eventually the truth came out and we started dating. It wasn't until six months in that we were able to meet in person.

But, before that, I met both of my relationships through friends in person.