1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fundraising...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hoppip, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hoppip

So in the mail, I basically got invited to/offered an opportunity to go to England, France, and Italy during the 2009 summer as a part of some Student Leader thing.

Yes, it was amazing.

Yes, I changed my pants.

It's legit, I went to their website and they had my info, and apparently someone had nominated me.

Basically, I have to get three letters of recommendation and do an interview (and that's aaaaafter the informational meeting).

I checked on Wikipedia and it said that the international trips from this organization can range from $5,000 - $7,000.

I have zero dollars to my name. My mom doesn't have any money either, she's broke and doesn't have a job.

Now, I know I need to get a job, but even at $200 a week, it won't be enough. Does anyone have any ideas for fundraising? And what the hell is sponsoring, how does that work?

I would have put this in Support/Advice, but it wasn't really a dramatic thing.

2. dictionary

Ahhh Fundrasing=Fun
    Im doing a 3 week treck in a developing country and i have to raise part of the funds. Some things you could do:
    Triva Night
    Cake Stall at school
    Sell cans of drink
    Im not sure if anywhere else dose this have a sasuage sizzle

Well sponsership is just like what happens with the sports stars organisations sponser them... I assume it means the same thing in your context....