1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi then gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dazed, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ok so for the last 3 years since i came out i hated labels. it was easier to say i was bi then explaining that to people.

for the last 2 years i was with a guy, nothing serious just for fun haha if you know what i mean.
    we broke it off...well i did since he had been back with his ex girlfriend for 2 months and didnt bother to tell me but anyway i ramble...my point is i started talking to a guy i dated my first year of high school...we tried to "have fun" and i felt nothing. at all. he is an cute-ish guy but when we kissed it had about the same amount of excitement as watching paint dry.

then i started to notice i hardly look at guys anymore. i was just wondering if any other bi people ever stoped liking one gender after being bi for so long?

2. Hoppip

I did the whole testing-the-waters-by-calling-it-bisexuality thing. Also, where I was, bi was a step up from gay, so it was a better "label" to fall in. But I think it happens a lot. It's just sexual confusion, ja?

3. Tim

Tim

A lot of people actually consider themselves bi at one point, then realize they're gay. I went through that, but it lasted like a week at the most :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Then there's ppl like my friend who think they're bi then decide they're straight *Shrug*

4. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did it. Lasted for months, if not just over a year.
    It takes time to get comfortable with the idea of being gay if it's not something you've "known" your whole life, or it's not something generally well known or accepted within your community. Labelling yourself bi gives you that bit of space and time you may need to grow familiar with the new territory, open dialogue, etc.

5. Apocalypte

I originally came out as bi when I came out to my friends about 4 years ago. Realised about 1-2 years afterwards that I'm really just not attracted to men at all.

6. Bunny

Exactly! It's really common, lots of people go through it.

7. Dazed

Dazed Guest

its good to know im not losing my mind then.
    i have no problem if i only like girls. girls are easier to get understand then guys ha.

it might be a phase or something but i dont think i see myself with a guy again.

8. Derek the Wolf

>_>
    Although I know it's a common thing, it's always really bothered me.
    I am bisexual. And I will always be bisexual. Yet SOMEHOW a lot of gay people think I'm in denial and I'm really gay. Truth is, I am attracted to both genders, it's always been that way, and it's gonna stay that way.
    Sorry for the rant, but this is one of those things that really bothers me.

9. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i understand where youre coming from.
    just like alot of my friends bi people are really whoreish and wanna sleep with everyone. not true at all though.

>_<