1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identified incorrectly by others at some point?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connorcode, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I was curious to see if anyone had experienced a similar situation to me at any time during their life, about being correctly identified as queer but incorrectly as to what, specifically, your sexuality was.

Okay, here's me:
    At my initial secondary school, a Catholic all-boys school, I was always being called asexual (I guess that was intended to include being aromantic too, though these guys certainly didnt understand the terminology). This was from the age of 11 to 14, the beginning of puberty, and obviously they picked up the fact that I wasn't interested in any of the girls from the (also Catholic) all-girls school opposite, but decided that I had no interest in sex at all. It was this name-calling (I guess that's what it was) that helped me realise I was gay. This was extremely unfortunate seeing as I attended a boys school, but at least they never called me gay. Well, that is, until I moved to a selective 14+ in the area.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?