1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I seriously hate waking up at ridiculous hours of the morning.. Argh!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I am SO sick of waking up at like 2-3 in the morning on occasion! Then not getting back to sleep! It's so annoying! All I can do is surf the Internet on my phone when this happens :frowning2: because trying to get back to sleep seems near impossible!

Who else here feels my pain/anger?! Grr!

2. Kaboom

Sometimes I go to bed too early. What I think is going to be a night's sleep ends up being a nap. I wake up thinking it might be 4am or so. "ok. Cool. Early, but I can work with that." I look at the time and it's 11pm ha the reaction is always the same: 'fml'

I usually end up staying up the rest of the night and zombie myself through the next day.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I dont have the trouble of waking up cause I cant fall asleep in the first place..

Like these last few days ive been getting like 2-3 hrs of sleep each night its great

4. Lazuri

Actually, here's a little known fact. Humans originally didn't sleep eight hours straight but actually slept four hours, woke up, stayed awake for 1-3 hours and then slept another four hours. This eventually changed because the nights were generally a time where only thieves, prostitutes and other scum roamed the streets and candles were too expensive for even fairly wealthy people to burn every single night.

But we're not really supposed to sleep this way and that's why we-some more than others--sometimes wake up in the dead of night feeling totally alert before suddenly becoming very sleepy a couple of hours later.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel your pain! I basically never wake up in the night, but it takes me forever to fall asleep :/

6. BelleFromHell

I usually don't fall asleep until 2-3AM, and it's hard for me to stay asleep. I woke up at 1:30PM this afternoon. I became homeless about a month ago, and although I'm staying with a family friend, my living situation is still shakey. I never slept well to begin with, but this past month has made it a lot worse.

I was dragged from one shelter to the next, and the last one was so terrible that I'm surprised I made it out alive. It's damn near impossible to sleep when you're worried about whether or not you'll still be alive next week.

Sorry for the bitching. I had to vent.

7. Psaurus918

I'm a night person and usually don't go to sleep until 2 AM, but for the last week I've had a terrible cough and it keeps me up until like 4 or 5 and I have to be up at 9.

Also sometimes I'll go through a phase where I'll wake up at 7/7:30 and can't go back to sleep

8. Lazuri

Also--somewhat related to my previous post--it is worth mentioning that if you can't get the full eight hours of sleep you need before you get up, it is almost always better to stay up and get four hours of sleep rather than five, six or even seven hours. This is because the human brain is used to sleep in four hour intervals.

9. Kaboom

That makes sense to me. I've also learned that a little sleep is better than no sleep. And for me, a few hours of the "right" sleep is better than 8+ hours of the "wrong" sleep. "wrong" meaning the wrong time of night. Like falling asleep at 5am. I can sleep 8 hours, but I will wake up feeling "hung over"

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Omg! Why did you become homeless?!

11. BelleFromHell

My mom kicked me out of the house. My dad lives in another state, and let's just say he doesn't get along with me so well either.

12. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Did your mother kick you out because you like women?!

13. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been sick with a head cold and its also messing my sleep schedule. I woke up today at 2 am and didn't get to sleep until 5 am where I slept until 10:30 am. I was off today so it was no big deal but I hate waking up late in the morning because it feels like I'm wasting my day.

14. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate mornings and if i have to get up really early i need lots of coffee and pop and taking sleeping pills and being dependent on them does not help either but they do help me sleep through the night.

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Interesting, I hadn't heard that before. Makes me feel much better about often following that pattern to a tee.

16. Lazuri

It's a very recent discovery that I actually read only a couple of days ago. The subject of sleep gets surprisingly little study so discoveries are few and far between.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what you mean! For the past few weeks I keep waking up at 4 or 5 and it's so annoying. I would say just stay up as late as you possibly can.

18. Justinian20

Well I hate early mornings too. I want to wake up later than 6 o'clock in the morning I feel your pain ChloeKiss, but I can fall back asleep quite easily. Maybe cause I am used to being sedated for operations at hospitals. Yeah I am disabled.

19. BelleFromHell

No. There were numerous reasons.

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have trouble sleeping through the night lately and it's very annoying. It's especially bad when I have a test the next day -- it's even worse than normal and then I cannot focus. It's annoying setting aside the time to actually sleep (when you often can't get as much sleep as you should), and then your body refuses...