1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have naturally progressed into a more femme guy.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I feel at this point because I'm so incredibly relaxed about my identity and my sexuality that I have naturally progressed into a more feminine guy myself. I think it's definitely true as before I would've never thought about shopping for clothes and jewelry to wear, but now I'm incredibly comfortable with it. My physical poses are also quite feminine as I stand with one leg bent and the other leg straight, I may occasionally place my hands on my hip when standing like this. I also have perhaps a more feminine gait when I walk, swaying my hips from side to side occasionally and when shopping I hold shopping bags like someone with a bit of a limp wrist.

I've become that guy my teenage self didn't want to be. But now it doesn't bother me at all, I feel like because I'm so comfortable with being gay, that I am able to do things because also there is no fear from being caught doing feminine things as I am okay with people thinking I'm gay since I am out,

Just asking if any other people became way more comfortable with themselves and found themselves doing feminine things normally.

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you're acting feminine on purpose or anything; you probably always had the desire to do these "feminine" things, but didn't feel comfortable doing them until you were out and fully comfortable with your sexuality.

I feel this way as well. I was always a bit effeminate as a kid, but after accepting my sexuality I became more comfortable doing feminine things. As in "I don't need people to see me as manly, because I'm gay. I'm expected to be a little effeminate. I have nothing to lose".

But again, all I was doing was letting the "full me" show.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to be feminine to be gay. You just might adopt more feminine mannerisms (which again are societal constructs) or you might be transgender?

I do not want to sway you one way or another... but do you feel like a woman, or like a man? That's the question.

Feminine men are still men. Masculine women are still women. There are feminine trans men and masculine trans women still. It's how do YOU feel?

4. Justinian20

Kasey I think you may have misinterpreted my thread. I am a man that is for sure, it's just I'm noticing that my femininity is surfacing as I become more comfortable with my sexuality. Like for example: I can feel like a woman occasionally but it's not like I am saying I want to be a woman. I do relate to women more than men as I seem to always have problems that more girls have then men do. I barely know men who had body image problems like I did. That's just one example. But I am a man, who happens just be a wee bit feminine.

I also know femininity doesn't mean you are gay, but I wasn't saying that it does mean that. I was saying that my femininity has surfaced because I came out and now I don't worry so much about how people view me in terms of how masculine I am and how femme I am. I just have let myself become more feminine naturally over the period of about 7 months since I came out.

5. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I understand what Justinian is trying to say. The more I'm comfortable with myself...the more my masculine side begins to show! XD
    Oh I can do something pretty feminine such as advicing my mum on fashion. Apparently I have quite a knack for it. It's pretty fun too!
    Point is, the more I'm secure about myself, the less I'm conscious about my mannerisms. Whatever pleases me, pleases me. Some of the things I do will appear manly, some will appear womanly. But who gives a damn about that?! (Those who do, GTFO :lol:slight_smile:. I don't describe myself as masculine, or feminine, or even androgynous. Those adjectives are sooooo restrictive, I'm a man of freedom. These days I mostly focus on goals and how I'm going to achieve them. If I want something, I will get it :sunglasses: