1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok so THAT was embarrassing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaboom, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Kaboom

Was wondering if anyone had a similar experience they wanted to share. Have you ever been "shot down" in a way that was embarrassing?

This was a few years ago. I met this girl through my sister. We had mostly hung out in group settings. A little one on one hanging out cuddling and watching movies. Some intense make out sessions. Had a huge crush on her. She hosted a Halloween party one year. A huge group of people attended. We were gathered around the gable playing a card game. I had said something flirty/funny to her and her roommate just blurts out "sweetie, she loves Dick." what she said and the way she said it just caught me so off guard. I also had had too many drinks to respond the way I normally would. Normally I would bring some humor to the situation or sharp wit, if my brain were feeling generous enough ha. I didn't though. I just got up and went outside. It was embarrassing and... well... it really sucked.

Anyone have something similar to share?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No but I'm sorry that happened to you. (*hug*)

3. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Her roommate is rude and it's not her business. WTF is wrong with some girls who will cuddle, make out, give all the right signals, and then back off? Well, I know what's wrong with them. They don't accept themselves or they're self hating, and that's HER problem, not yours.

I'm also sorry that happened to you. You deserve someone better anyway.

4. Kaboom

I appreciate that Andrew :slight_smile:

Starlights yes, it was rude huh?

The girl and I did talk about it briefly not long after. She apologized for leading me on. I don't know why some people do what they do. I do know she genuinely felt bad about the way things went down that night.

I don't want you guys to feel bad for me though. Something interesting happened that night... I had went into a spare bedroom thinking it was where my broinlaw and sister were crashing. It wasn't. Was a girl in the bed doing the same thing I intended to do; sleep it off. I didn't KNOW her know her, but I knew she was a sweet person so I was like f it. I got on the other side of the bed and crashed. She woke up early AM and noticed someone else in the bed. She had the same reaction "oh ok its just lacey" ha didn't know it then... but we ended up together later on down the road.

So sometimes something doesn't work out so that something else will :slight_smile:

5. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome :grin: I'm glad something good turned out of it. And I know the feeling of being drunk or stoned and unable to process people having drama or being rude haha. At least walking away made you the better person.

Well, if I didn't prevent myself from being that way, I would be like that girl. I know the psychology of it, at least I think I do, because I went through the same thing. She's probably bi, she was attracted to you, and one part of her wanted to go further while the other part was stuck on some hang-up: maybe she was scared, or felt guilty, or had fucked up religious parents messing with her head.

I felt that way for a long time too. The thing is, I realized I wasn't ready yet and I realized it would be wrong to hurt another person while I worked out my issues. I'm not saying I'm this super moral person or that I dont do stupid and inconsiderate things sometimes, because I do. But I'm glad I didn't hurt someone because of my hang ups, and it took me years to be honest with myself...I envy people who can accept it right away and continue on living their life!

Sorry, didn't mean to turn the conversation all heavy. Feel free to tell me to shut up lol.

6. Kaboom

Wouldn't tell you to shut up. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that.

I'm sure she had her reasons. And really... it could have been worse, as far as the situation goes. She could have let it continue on, but she didn't. I had some hurt feelings and a bruised ego, but that's the chance you take when you put yourself out there.

I envy those people as well. I had my struggles with it, but overall I feel pretty fortunate. Have a very supportive family.

I think it's a great thing you allowed yourself that time and didn't give yourself an opportunity to hurt someone. I don't think any of us set out to hurt someone, but I can see how a situation like that could be hurtful.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is very true. Reminded me of this picture:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry for the rejection, but I'm glad that this story has a happy ending! Awesome stuff. So fairytales do still exist :grin:

8. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really see a reason to be embarrassed about it. Everyone is flirtatious when they drink and you never know what you can get unless you try. I would have just shot back with something sarcastic and played it off.

I think the only time I was truly embarrassed with myself was when I was trying to kiss this girl and she told me 700 times that she had a girlfriend. I was highly intoxicated and gave 0 fucks, which is typical. But her girlfriend came over and I tried to fight her just because she was her girlfriend. At the time I felt like a God but the next morning, I had to issue an apology.

9. Kaboom

I get what you're saying, Budweiser. That's how I would usually handle something like that. I guess because we had spent some time together and all that is why I couldn't play my flirtation off as being an intoxicated flirt. I genuinely wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her. So I guess I felt a little exposed and her roommate basically telling me to back off. I felt kind of like an idiot pretty much. And all that pretty intensified thanks to alcohol.

700 times? :lol: that sucks. I'm sorry. I can't say I've ever tried to kiss someone's gf or fight their gf, but I've had my fair share of the next day "ah crap" moments.

Alcohol is one hell of a beverage. Ha. These days I just drink with either family or my best friend. I stay away from parties.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2015 at 12:48 PM ----------

I like that picture velvet :slight_smile:

I don't know about fairytale, but something good did come from it. It was pretty funny/cute though. Got rejected by who I wanted at the time and shared a bed with my future gf all in the same night. Life is hilarious. Gotta pay attention.