1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any stores that have gender neutral/tomboy clothes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovesg, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to dress more boyish but I know my mom will not appreciate me wearing men's clothes, so are there any stores that you know of that have a lot of tomboyish clothes? Or any stores online?

2. Converse and Hot Topic have a lot of gender-neutral clothes, at least I consider them to be gender-neutral. I know a couple that share Converse clothes because they both look good in them.

The brands are a bit more catered to the male demographic, so they should be good :slight_smile:

3. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hot Topic is usually hit or miss for me but I'll look again sometime. I didn't even know converse made clothes lol

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    meh i thought in CA women stores would sell some tomboyish clothes
    hell in syria here one guys clothing sell some edgy types of clothes that are clones of womans ones just slightly modified some are not though this is the only store i know of its a big mall and clothes there are expensive and all exported out of syria
    i need to get slimmer as jeans are too tight on me and i get bigger sizes and it changes the whole style

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

American Eagle has both men's and women's attire, I think. Abercrombie and Fitch has women's clothing that is playful and not annoyingly hyper-feminine, including a "high neck crop tank" that looks vaguely like a "wife-beater" shirt. Tommy Bahama has both men's and women's clothing, and they are in a similar style. These are all "casual" clothes for "comfortable shoes" types of people.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2015 at 12:41 PM ----------

If you're wanting to go for anti-gender clothing, I just looked at American Eagle Outfitters, and their women's selection just looks like guy clothes except cut for women. And I like their stuff.

6. LOL same thoughts I had. They have some nice t-shirts. Plus, it's a pro-gay company. You'll instantly tell by some of the specialty shirts they have and their promotions.

Their clothes are separated by gender, but the shirts can match anybody. The only difference is that the shirts and tanks are fitted for a girl's hourglass figure, so they're often more narrow at the waist. However, wearing the men's ones are fine.

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Oh, jeez. AE even has a "tomgirl" section under their jeans selection, and they have women's overalls. Okay, they know their market.

8. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank you for all the suggestions! I will definately check all those stores out especially the tomgirl section at AE

9. Kaboom

For sure check out AE. I get guys t-shirts from there all the time. A lot of them will be a solid color. Got a hot pink one once. They are comfortable and have me spoiled. I can't stand regular t-shirts now. feels like I'm choking.

they also have "boyfriend" style clothing in the women's section. I liked the shirts. The jeans.... not so much.