1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe moving and kind of freaking out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bi2me, Jun 17, 2015.

1. bi2me

The title says it all. My husband is looking at applying for a job that would have us moving to the east coast (US). I don't know if he's going to do it yet, but we are looking into it. I've got two kids, and the thought of moving them and us and all our stuff, not to mention the fact that after we moved 7 years ago I feel like I'm just finally getting a group of friends together.... AHHHHHHH

OK - anyone move (with or as kids) and have any advice?

2. BidiKlum

This message is super old but I noticed no one had replied yet - have you moved yet? I've moved to different continents both before and after having kids and it is rough but still doable. I've actually loved the excitement of having a new place and the chance to meet new people. So my advice - look at it as a positive! Also re: the kids, if they are old enough to "help" pack, get them involved! They will be just fine - I moved around every 3-5 years as a kid due to my dad's job and I'm guessing it was 1000x harder on my parents than on me!! Oh and final advice - see if your husband can get the new company to pay for relocation! Having someone else pack is the ultimate luxury. :slight_smile: