1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here like skiing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J Schuelke, Dec 10, 2008.

1. J Schuelke

I am so close to my winter break and we just got 14 inches of snow the other day. So of course the only thing I want to do is hit the slopes and the trails.

Anyone else have the same ideas?

2. Gumtree

Snow = my favourite type of weather.

In Aus there isn't really that much snow... at all.. but during the season I try to go atleast twice a year. Snowboarding would be my outright favourite sport, but I really enjoy Skiing aswel, especially if I'm not feeling quite energetic enough to get on a board.

It's summer here, and it was 42oC (108oF) yesterday - Doubt there will be any snow anytime soon.

3. silentsound

I am not the best skier on the planet, as I only really go once a year with my youth group, sometimes twice but my mom has sworn off it for life. But god I love it so...

4. Yijaipo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I don't even know what it is... what is skiing? I grew up in south Japan we didn't get really any snow there... maybe like a cm but it would melt the next day all of it

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Every Christmas is spent skiing in our family, we enjoy it so much (no, you wouldn't have guessed....) I just got a new ski-jacket, since I grew out of my older one! I'm set for a great time the slopes we visit regularly have SO much snow this year (I think it's something insane like three meters in a week), it's going to be a blast!

6. Apocalypte

I haven't been skiing since I was in school, but I did love it the 2 times that I've been before. So much so that when I was putting my choices down for JET program placements my first two choices were for Hokkaido and Nagano prefectures - just to get lots of snow :slight_smile:

7. Iowa doesn't have any mountains upon which to ski, unfortunately :frowning2: So I can't really ski here. But I absolutely love skiing. My family used to go to Colorado about once a year to some ski resorts/mountains (Keystone, Breckenridge, and Copper Mountain). We haven't done it for a couple years now :frowning2: It's really sad. Now I really want to ski... grr.

8. Daniel

I live for ski blading. So excited the ski resorts are open here!