1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Attraction vs. Romantic Attraction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MysteriousMadam, Jun 19, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've heard that there's a difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction, but I'm still kind of ignorant on this and I'm admit that I'm too lazy to try and look it up myself. So I'll ask you people here because I like you people!!!(!)
    I thought I was bisexual with a preference for girls. I'm questioning again, because on Wednesday, I saw my therapist and I realized that I might on be attracted to girls. I'm not 100% if I actually like girls or if I just find them to be really beautiful and nurturing people. I've been taking a lot of tests for sexuality and I always get bisexual, whether it's 50/50 or leaning towards homosexual. Most of these tests, however, ask questions about sex and who you find attractive. I personally think girls are more physically appealing than boys (I say this like I've actually had some sort of experience, I'm so full of crap :lol:slight_smile:. I would rather have a sexual relationship with a girl. But then I thought about it...I really want a boyfriend. I think about all the cute couples who hold hands and I always see myself with a guy. I think a more romantic and intimate relationship (without a lot of sex) with a guy would be really great. I still find guys sexually and physically attractive and I do think a really romantic relationship with a girl would be great as well, but I think the opposite way is even better and more of a turn on.
    Why is it so different like that? Is it possible to be attracted to different people in different ways or am I just full of it?

I just took 2 state tests, sorry if I make no sense. My brain is tired :tears:

#1 MysteriousMadam, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Still sounds bisexual to me....It's just with a varying kind of preference, which is normal. Not everyone likes both genders in the same ways. Some bisexuals will even only be okay with being in a relationship with only one of the genders, but still identify as bi because they like sex with both.

3. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah you're probably bisexual, it's normal that you're not attracted to both in the same way. I personally only see myself dating a girl (right now at least), but I am still sexually attracted to guys.

4. LostTeen17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand where your coming from. I ran into this a lot throughout middle school and high school. I knew I liked guys in a special way since I was 8. But when I got to middle school and had to pretend to be straight. I started noticing girls more in a new way. I contemplated if I was Bi or not as gay as I thought I was. As time went on I realized where My brain might see a girl physically attractive, the brain down stairs wasn't feeling anything. I didn't think these girls were beautiful or sexy because I had feeling for them, but because I was able to admire beauty where ever it was and who ever it was in. People are so quick to jump the gun to labels. Just relax and enjoy life, it has so much more to offer us then just what we can see with our eyes.

5. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I'm struggling with romantic and sexual attraction too. I feel sexually and romantically attracted to girls, since I would see myself dating one and I would also be comfortable in a sexual way. The problem is with guys. I'm absolutely not sexually attracted to them, but I'm still confused about romantic attraction. I don't understand if what I feel toward guys is romantic attraction, or if I just like when a guy likes me because he gives me attention.

Based on what you said I think you're bisexual, but leaning toward the homosexual and heteroromantic side :slight_smile:

6. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Science time!

Marriage material: Study finds women with chiseled features favored to wed - Washington Times

At least one study shows that men also find masculinity attractive, when they are thinking about commitment. It's really an odd and paradoxical sort of thing, but a feminine woman is sort of what a guy is looking for when he's looking for a quickie.

Now, I am going to ignore the sort of prejudicial belief that men are looking for "less attractive" women who are "less likely to cheat." I don't buy it. What I think makes more masculine-looking women attractive to men is the same thing that makes women more interested in marriage than men. Those strong, handsome faces make you feel secure and happy. You feel, when you look at those heroic features, that everything is going to be alright. Your "hero" has come to your rescue, and your "happily ever after" is at hand. Men like that feeling, too. They like it because the prospect of having to "save the day," all on their own and without any help, makes them feel scared. A strong and capable-looking woman makes them feel a lot safer.

Try drawing a picture of a tall, brave and heroic woman standing up for a helpless dragon in distress--perhaps with little baby dragon hatchlings cowering in the background or a clutch of eggs--by staring down the evil knight who has come to harm it, and let me know if that helps. And show me the picture. I like that kind of stuff.