1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrettable Purchases

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Just curious if anyone here has ever bought anything, and later come to regret it, for whatever reason. Maybe you realized you didn't really need it, or perhaps it wasn't as reliable as you thought.

2. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Oh yeah I remember quite a few from when I was a kid.:roflmao: The one I remember the best was a dog whistle I just had to get. I nagged my mom until she baught it and then it didn't even work. I felt pretty bad for talking my mom into buying some piece of crap whistle :bang:
    So nowadays I think a bit more before I buy something. :thumbsup:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I've bought merchandise for things and then stopped liking it later. Also I bought a PS vita and didn't really like it. It makes me feel bad thinking of all the wasted money :frowning2:

4. BelleFromHell

You know that Prussia wallet I told you about? It was TWENTY DOLLARS.

I needed a wallet since my old Sonic the Hedgehog one was biting the dust, but a $20 one? No! I only got it because it looked so awesome. Because of the price, I'm always extremely careful with it, even the way I put it in my purse. I got a tiny dent in it a few weeks ago, and I FLIPPED.

This is it. Oh the humanity...

Attached Files:

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I just dropped $135 into finally getting my passport.

6. BelleFromHell

$135?! Holy shit! I thought it was like $75.

At least you got something useful, lol.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's $110 for the application, and then another $25 payable to the post office you apply at. If you want expedited service, meaning it doesn't take 4-6 weeks to arrive in the mail, that's another $60.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a few of those but the one I'll always think of first is this hoodie that cost about 70 dollars or more (I can't remember). I was young and stupid and didn't know why I wanted it other than it looked "cool". I only wore it for about a month and never was it to be seen again. I absolutely regretted it.

9. Psaurus918

For me its mostly clothes... I have shirts that I bought years ago that still have the tags on them.

I guess my iPad... I bought for myself as a "Christmas" present used it for like the first month then it sat on the shelf in my room for like a year until my Macbook broke and now I use it nightly before bed haha

10. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty good about only buying stuff that I'll use. I have a terrible habit of going to a convinience stores (ie: Walmart, meijer, Costco) to buy a couple simple things like toothpaste, toilet paper, whatever... And I'll end up spending like $70-$100 getting all kinds of shit when I only went in there for like a $20max purchase. Drives me nuts.

11. Oh dang... I bought this peppermint bubble tea with my friend and it was terrible. The peppermint tasted like medicine and the entire cup was freezing cold. $3.50 well spent.....

12. AlamoCity

I once bought two Ralph Lauren vertical stripe Oxford shirts, but didn't like them. Never returned them or wear them. I eventually gave them away as a graduation present to a dad's coworker's son.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually nope. Years later I regretted some purchases, but I enjoyed whatever I bought at the time. It's more like "how did I ever like ____?" :lol:

14. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Bras mostly. On the occasions I have entertained the notion of them; I spend ages trying to find the right one, buy it, only to find that after about 5 minutes it brings me out in a bright red itchy swollen skin rash and usually also digs in/restricts me (doesn't matter if I get measured and buy the 'right' size - it still happens). I finally found a t-shirt bra recently that is actually suitable, but still have a load of bras that I've bought and cannot return because they've been worn, am now considering making comical hats with them.

Vegetables bought for my own consumption - why the fuck did I do that?!

This one isn't so much regrettable as it will be put to good use eventually, but I bought my mother a mini notebook laptop for Christmas in the hope of introducing her to computers, how's that going? I'll give you a clue; it is now June and it's still in the box :lol:

A roll of glow in the dark toilet paper surprisingly never got used.

#14 TigerInATophat, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  15. YunoGasai

cod advanced warfare and of course ghosts , my macbook pro that gets used maybe once every 3 months. these are the ones that stick out alot

16. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 14 and since I don't get a steady flow of cash, I have grown to be very, very practical and careful with my spending. My family laughs at me for not buying things often, but out of my other siblings, I'm usually the only one with money because I ration it.
    The one time I did mess up was when I was like 9 and I bought one of those little kits that claimed to grow 4 leaf clovers because I thought I could sell them at school or something and say I found them myself... Barely any grew and there were only 3 leaf clovers. What a waste of 3.50 :'(

17. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I think it was a Christmas present, but years ago they advertised this toy on tv. I forget the name of it but it's literally this floss box sized thing with buttons on it. You press the buttons over and over again and it will randomly (after 100 pushes) make a sound effect like a dog barking. That's it. And I think it costed like 8 bucks and I wanted it really badly because they made it seem really fun in the commercial.

18. RainDreamer

Games that cost $60 but not worth it.

19. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I once bought a faux-cashmere jacket. It was so scratchy and itchy, I never wore it. Wasted money on that, for sure.

20. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I spent $120 on a "prostate toy" that was supposed to vibrate, but it was weaker than my $20 one.