1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    What type of drink do you like? Beer? Wine?

What type of drink don't you like?

Me, I'm a really girly girl and like sweet stuff, with lots of orange juice or something. Most things fruity goes though, even if it's a little strong. Like right now I'm having whisky. I'd hate it, but it's so fruity it's okay ^_^

I hate beer and fizzy drinks. Also pure spirits like vodka (and most whisky!), no thanks.

What do you like? :slight_smile:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Alcohol isn't really my vice, but the very few times I do drink -- engagement celebratory shot, New Year's shot -- it's Everclear. Mixed with Hawaiian Punch, because that stuff raw is straight nasty, LOL.

I haven't heavily dabbled with wine, but then again, one does not just simply drink wine. There must be a fantastic meal at least.

I'm a terrible Kentuckian...

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I miss having Jack Daniels around in my life, but I'm apparently a lightweight since I get shitfaced on one Mike's Hard Lemonade.

4. Lazuri

Whiskey is my alcohol of choice. None of that fruity shit, just straight up whiskey.

5. blackbudgie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im from Germany, so the beer lies in my genes. But beside of it, I would never say no to Cuba Libre!

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beer and wine for this Gaytheist. I'm not a fan of liquor, though Kahlua and Coke is okay. Other than that, I like a nice cold Budweiser or Miller High Life, or a glass of Riesling.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

UV vodka. The chocolate cake flavor is the best

8. Gallatin

I don't drink much, but I sometimes like to have a beer or two on the weekend. The only alcoholic drink besides beer that I like are margaritas, but I only have one of those if I'm at a Mexican restaurant or somewhere where they're decent. Fave beers are shiner bock, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams rebel, and a lot of summer seasonal brews.

9. Psaurus918

I'm into craft beer and good wines. I also don't mind a mixed drink every now and then

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Straight scotch on the rocks, and I'm partial to J&B.

Draft beer...IPAs...chocolate stouts...anything interesting and imaginative, really. I'd even drink a pilsner if it were imaginative. I love witbiers that have just a little orange in the flavor.

For wines...I tell the guys at the wine shop, "Give me the dirtiest Spanish wine you've got." I like my wines dirty and my cheese funky. Give me that funk! I'll find a cure for cancer in that blue stuff.

Let's see...sometimes, I drink a little bit of gin. I can do cognac.

Brandy makes me gag, though, and so does rum.

11. Formality

Gin. Just straight up gin in a glass or a GT.
    I love trying new cocktails, but I also enjoy a glass of wine or a pint of beer. I also am in love with the liqueur Salmiakki by koskenkorva. It's perfect for shots.

I don't like the very dry wines nor do I like whiskey.

12. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally like beer, Pilsner's my favourite at the moment.
    I can't drink anything hard anymore after I got piss drunk off it one night.

13. Justinian20

I hate most alcoholic drinks but I love sweet fruity cocktails and those would be the only drinks I'll drink with alcohol because they are so sweet and nice and fruity. Margaritas are okay cause they are fruity and delicious. I hate beer and things like that cause they taste too bitter for me. I'd rather enjoy a sweet drink than have to get drunk to enjoy a bitter drink.

14. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im not a big alcoholic drink person. I only maybe consume alcohol twice a year. (usually my works holiday party, and champagne at a wedding or new years)

I do not like beer. Mostly I prefer a margarita (frozen preferably) or a martini.

15. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only alcohol I've tried is wine and tequila. The wine was a bit too bitter for me. :lol: The tequila was nice and sweet, though.

#15 Tai, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had much experience drinking. Pretty much I've had: daquiris, margaritas, wine, and some fruity fizzy drink that felt like it was rotting my teeth. I guess I've also tried some of my friends' drinks at a bar we went to once... "LA water" etc.... I've never actually tried beer though.

Wine was gross. Daquiris were delicious. I'm having trouble remembering how margaritas taste. Anyways, I plan to have quite a few delicious fruity sugary daiquiris when I go on my cruise this summer. ^.^

17. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

One that I love trying on a bartender is the Rob Roy. It's one way that I guage how much class a place has. You see, the Rob Roy is a Waldorf classic, similar to a Manhattan except made entirely with Scotch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Roy_(cocktail)

You tried that one? I like 'em dry and dirty as Hell, myself. Make it dirty! Make it dirty! Salt-salt-salt-salt-salt-salt-salt! Wooooo!

I can get a little hyper.

18. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff!!

Whiskey or Scotch on the rocks

Vodka Shots

and hmm...

Beer

19. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my. I could answer this question for each season of the year (in fact I may have done in some past thread). But let me summarize, maybe.

I love *good* (i.e., non-US) beer...but I don't drink beer much, because it's pretty hefty on calories.

I love wine...mostly dry reds (Cabernet, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir). I'm not super-snobby...where I live I can find really pleasant drinking-wine for about $8.00 a bottle...but I also really appreciate a good $50 sipping/savoring wine. I am also aware that most $8.00 wine sucks and that many $50 wines are vastly overpriced. But some of both aren't.

I brew mead. I won't buy the stuff, because in the US it tends to be way sweet.

Ah, spirits! We have a closet full of them (no skeletons...just spirits, lol). I tend to go for the dry drinks:

Dram(s) of *good* Scotch or Irish whisky (neat w/ splash of water to open flavors)
    Martini (gin, bit of vermouth, olive)
    Whiskey or rail whisky on ice
    Rail Scotch and soda
    Sipping rum with splash of juice to open flavors

I can also enjoy the semi-dry drinks:

Rusty nail (rail Scotch and splash of Drambuie)
    Manhattan
    Caesar
    Gin & tonic

Then there are some semi-sweet ones I like as well, though I indulge less often:

Rum punch
    Gin punch
    Rum & Coke (with half a lime squeezed in, preferably)
    Long Island Iced Tea

Basically, any spirit other than vodka. It's not that I dislike vodka (how can you dislike something whose distinguishing feature is that it has no flavor?)...I just haven't met one that made me say "wow, that's worth drinking!" It's always struck me as alcohol for people who don't like alcohol. (*smirk* Same for Kaiser's Everclear, now that I think about it.)

20. Lazuri

The fruity ones are the dangerous ones. They taste so little of alcohol that you just keep downing them until you get shitfaced without even noticing it. That's one of the reasons I like whiskey--it's like drinking fire.