1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Your Favorite Type of Love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Jun 20, 2015.

?

What is Your Favorite Type of Love?

1. Platonic

21.7%
  2. Sexual

17.4%
  3. Romantic

50.7%
  4. Mutual

49.3%
  5. Predatory

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe there are many types of expressions for love. Different sensations you get from each...

Which is a type of love that you gravitate to? One you like to express? One you like to receive?

I may even add more options/thoughts here but these are the types:

Platonic - The one where you'd cuddle and snuggle someone to death. Very affectionate, up-close, and huggy. Very polite, usually innocent, soft-feeling and emotional. It takes someone you have mushy feels for to express/receive this in such gratitude.

Sexual - Usually very intense, sensual and erotic to great lengths. You learn to be very relaxed and enjoy energetic expressions of love with this person. Usually passionate, you grow and express/receive this type of love through physical means.

Romantic - Sometimes one-sided, great infatuation, and sometimes young crush type feelings of love. Usually mesmerized by someone, there is a potential for great intimacy and humility to blossom. These feelings usually develop very fast depending on the person.

Mutual - Not definitively attracted to someone in one major degree. This love buds through companionship, trust, and care for one another. Usually very deep, protective bonds that take a longer time to build versus the others.

Predatory - This is almost a sub-category for what the other types can give; there's typically roles assigned in this love. Life-style and relationship structure are more defined where someone is taking control of the relationship in many means, as well as following around their lover(s) or 'prey'. This is possible a less stable type of love but the feelings are intense and overwhelming on each side and are very individual.

Personally, I find something to endear about each kind of these expressions of love.

But here are my favorites in order

1) Platonic (I mean, I express this type of love as a default without any relationship interests. LOL)
    2) Sexual
    3) Mutual
    4) Predatory
    5) Romantic

2. Lazuri

[YOUTUBE]AKM7fmLnypU[/YOUTUBE]

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    By those definitions:

1. Mutual
    2. Sexual
    3. Platonic
    4. Predatory
    5. Romantic

#3 Tai, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My rank would have to be:
    1) Mutual
    For me, there is nothing more satisfying than having someone love and accept you for who you are and having a strong emotional bond. This beats everything else by far in my opinion. To love and to be loved is beautiful, whether it's a platonic or romantic relationship. I love that kind of bond with people..
    2)Romantic and platonic
    I'm a hopeless romantic. As a child, I always dreamed of having some prince rescue me...(or princess) I'm a real dreamer sometimes.
    For me, I have rather blurred lines between them. I'm bound to fall in love with someone who I have an innocent emotional attraction to, unless I'm in a relationship. I can never love two people at once. I put it into the same category, because for me, the difference between the two doesn't really exist from me. I like the innocent, sweet love.
    3)Sexual
    They personally all interconnect for me. I'd love to have a sexual love towards the person I felt romantic, platonic and mutual love for. With random people, no.
    4) Predatory
    The way I interpreted how you described it, I'd hate a predatory love. A stable, strong, equal type of love is what I like. Sexual, Platonic, Romantic and Mutual love can offer that, so I Like the idea of that. Less sexual though.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

My first relationship was more along the lines of John Lee's "love style" called "storge," and my second relationship was more along the lines of "agape."

Storge: my ex always has been more like family than a lover. I am still friends with my ex, and he remains meaningful to me, regardless of the pretenses of our relationship. I am not even fully certain we were ever truly lovers. That was just an excuse for us to be together and to share our time together. It was more, in the end, a "bromance" with a little sex, here and there. There was never any place, in our relationship, for distrust or jealousy. Those emotions are completely alien to storge. Even if one of us did something to hurt the other, so does your family. They're still family. You just don't always get along with your family, and sometimes you may feel hate toward them. Even when you do hate them, though, they are more meaningful to you than someone you may like better, at the time, who is not family to you. That's what "storge" is like, as a love style, in my experience.

Agape: this is a real thing, and I have had this kind of relationship. I am not going to tell you that it's necessarily better, as a relationship, than the former. It's more gripping, and it's more emotionally tumultuous. Being with your partner is almost like a religious experience, and it can last for a long time. In this kind of love, you and your partner may be pressed tightly up against each other throughout the night. Agapic love is more of a sort of ongoing meditation, and it has such an impact on you that you can ignore physical discomfort or even chronic loss of sleep.

However, because the agapic style of love is so intense and deep, it will never feel as relaxed or as comfortable as the more companionable "storge," and I'm really glad that I have had experience with both. Truth be told, I really prefer the calmer and more relaxed "storge," even though I am dearly gratified that I had a chance to experience something as magical as "agape" love. For all that "agape" love is an experience I'm glad that I had, it will always be an experience I'm glad that I had rather than a way that I would want to live permanently, and I would have hoped that my relationship with my late partner would have developed, in time, into a more "storgic" type of love if he had lived longer.

Kinds of love that I cannot do, under any circumstances, are "ludus," "mania," and "pragma." I have mixed-feelings about "eros," and although men who can do "eros" well can be very charming and absolute gentlemen, men who get like this too quickly can be kind of creepy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_styles

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2015 at 10:43 AM ----------

Oh, and to rank yours:

1) Platonic (storge?)

2) Mutual (agape?)

3) Romantic (eros?)

4) Sexual (ludus?)

5) Predatory (mania?)

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2015 at 10:47 AM ----------

No, your platonic love seems more like the agape form, I think, based on your description.

#5 Christiaan, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Lyana

They all sound so nice... I want all of them. Except the predatory type, I guess. It sounds a bit off-putting to me.

1) Mutual. My greatest friendships have been this, and... yeah. I couldn't live without my friends, so this comes first.
    2) Sexual. It's just so intense.
    3) Platonic. Again, I'm like this with some friends, and it's such a sweet, pleasant feeling.
    4) Romantic. I can live without infatuation, though it's pleasant.
    5) Predatory. It sounds unequal.

7. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    mutual is a must for me they have to feel the same
    platonic that is nice feeling some close to you
    romantic I like to be made a fuss off sometimes

8. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The kind in which they love you back. Lol #foreveralone.

But seriously, if I had to pick which I preferred my list would be:

1) Sexual - I am a very sexual person. Ha.

2) Mutual - To be honest, this is pretty staple for me as a person I don't place much value in it. It's just who I am naturally and I expect my significant other to be that way too.

3) Romantic - It's good to know you're still appreciated. I think certain types of romanticism help convey that.

4) Platonic - I also love to just be 'cute' and just "snuggle the day away". As Lyana said, I too am like this with most of my friends. It makes you feel appreciated, I think.

To be honest they all kind of tie in together for me. I want all 4 of these together, so I cannot truly rank anything above all else. But I guess if I was looking for a relationship which had all 4, these would be the order.

5) Predatory - I don't even like the word when relating it to love. It just sounds..weird.

#8 McShuggles, Jun 20, 2015
  9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Each relationship I had contained all the mentioned 'types'. Some had more 'sexual' stuff, others were romantic... You get the idea.

Let's call my fav 'kind' predatory/symbiotic if you don't mind. 'Mutual' is not precise enough.

#9 Michael, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This sounds amazing! I mean, err... whatever...

This sounds nice, but it'd be even nicer if there was a foundation of the previous type of love.

I mean... what's with this weak shit? P'fft!

Weaklings!

I want this.

This one would ideally run alongside Platonic, I'd hope.

The fuck? LOL!

Why did my mind jump to somebody snarling from behind shivering bushes?

This one sounds like a Lifetime Channel movie. I can already imagine the tagline:

Left for dead, she defied the odds and survived. Now her heart burns with...

PREDATORY PASSION.

Outside of a joking context, I don't know if I could get down with this one. I like having equal say and power with somebody, though I'll tolerate give and take.

To rank them from favorite to least:

- Platonic
    - Mutual
    - Romantic
    - Sexual
    - Predatory

11. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Platonic, Romantic and Sexual. :slight_smile:

12. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. Sexual
    2. Romantic
    3. Mutual
    4. Platonic
    5. Predatory

that's my list from the most favorite to the least one
    arfff

13. Ashley2103

Probably romantic and platonic.

14. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay, I'm a minority.

Just like all the other poll threads I create. :grin: <3

I have cookies if you vote for Sexual/Platonic as your top 2 ^w^

15. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on those descriptions, platonic is the one for me!

That is so the kind of thing I like (*hug*)

16. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) yaaay

17. sugarcubeigloo

All of them sound like winners except for predatory.

18. randomly me

randomly me Guest

1.platonic
    Those are people you usually can rely on your whole life.The most important relationships of all if you ask me

2.Mutual
    How i understand love.

3.Romantic
    Can be very motivating and can either lead to something or leave a bitter sweet feeling.

4.Sexual
    I could live with a partner without ever having sex if the chemistry is right.
    I do feel sexual attraction though

5.predatory
    .....sounds like some creepy stalker thing...

19. Fred89

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't like predatory at all.

Mutual love is best.

20. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people