1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which stereotypes do you hate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by loveislove01, Jun 20, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which stereotypes do you hate/ find most annoying?
    Has someone ever stereotyped you?
    It doesn't have to be LGBTQ+ related. It could be anything.

I hate quite a few stereotypes.
    This is my most hated one. I don't really know if it's considered a stereotype, but it's really annoying. Ever heard the word "weeaboo"? It means someone who is unhealthily obsessed with Japan and anime and is ignorant of their culture. As someone who is into stuff like anime, and my primary music interests are Japanese, I get called this a LOT. And it is so irratating. I like what I like. I don't see what is wrong with that. Most are obsessed with american pop culture, what's the difference? It really, really pisses me off.

I've been stereotyped before. I'm Indian (As in, my family is from the country of India, I am not Native American) Stereotype: Indians are doctors or engineers
    I was at a fair, and there was this person from the army trying to recruit young kids for cadet training. I was with my friends, and he was talking to us about it. He went on to ask everybody what they wanted to be when they grew up. When he came to me, He said "I know your type, of course you want to be an engineer right? Or are you into the neurosciences? Or wait, I may have guessed wrong. You're into math right?"
    It got me so angry. When I answered I was into the arts, especially music, he acted all disappointed.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    He. Was a racist. Simple as that.

I hate all sterotypes ever...
    like, if I'm lying on my tummy with my feet in the air or anything I'm a "queery". Sure, I am, but that's not the point.
    because I've done higher education than many adults, I'm supposed to be all brainy 24/7.

Sterotypes are signs of a degenerate society where reality is skewed to favor the privileged.

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

on transgender people

4. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The ones applying to people of certain areas, they make me seem much worse than I am because of living in the terrible south.

5. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ones that apply to me:
    -"Black people are lazy."
    -"Black women are confrontational."
    -I've been called an oreo, because I "act white"
    -"Women are too emotional and aren't logical."
    -"Women are weak."
    -"Atheists hate God."
    -"Atheists have unhappy lives."
    -"Bisexuals are confused straight people or closeted homosexuals."
    -"Introverts are anti-social."
    -"Introverts are snooty."

Ones that apply to others that still grind my gears
    -"Gay people made a choice."
    -"Everyone's a bit bisexual."
    -"Transgender people are sick or freaks."
    -"All men are dogs."
    -"All white people are like that."
    -"Extroverts are stupid."
    -"Thin people are snooty."
    -"Overweight people have no self-control."
    -"Feminists are whiny, man-haters."
    -"Jewish people are greedy."
    -"Religious people are stupid/don't use logic."

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really hate those stereos that don't come with a tape deck or don't come with a CD player.... I like variety in my stereo systems thank you!

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

"Cats are independent."

This is why most cats don't live to be in their late teens, even though proper care could very well keep them alive until near their 20's. One even lived to be 38 years and 3 days. Her name was Creme Puff. Cats actually require attention and care for them to be as healthy as it is possible for them to be. The stereotype of them being "independent" is a consequence of their primary function being as ratters, and the truth is that their job of controlling vermin made it unsafe for them to have prolonged or extensive contact with humans. It was proper, at the time, to discourage people from concerning themselves with a cat showing sickness-behavior, meaning cowering away from people, because it was likely that the cat was dying of one of the diseases that it was the cat's job to protect the people from. It's only recently in history that they have lived primarily as pets. Their true emotional and physical needs are, in actual fact, equal to those of dogs and humans.

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

If you're a pretty girl you must like cock.. In other words pretty women can't be lesbians?! Get fucked!

People who stereotype the aboriginals in my town to all be crazy/drug addicted. I have the most beautiful BBW aboriginal lady who lives across the road with 3 kids.. And never seen a police car enter her premises. She takes care of herself and the kids! And she has great taste in music! x

9. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of them.

I mean, I know a few of them may actually have some sort of positive impact on society. But yeah... Let's toss out all the misleading bull**** :slight_smile:

10. Pierrot

Pierrot Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    In middle school kids made fun of me because I was mute and avoided people. My classmates would tell others to watch out for me because 'you know what they say about the "quiet ones"' So yeah, because of stereotypes, rumors spread about how I was going to turn into one of those kids who'd bring a gun to school and shoot people.

what made it worse was that teachers listened to these rumors and I was forced to talk to the school counselor every damn day. Stereotypes suck, and can really damage a kid.

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

What the actual fuck? I struggled with pretty severe SA in school.. But I never got stereotyped like that! I just got shit from this fat girl. I'm still waiting for the day that I get to punch her in the face.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

I used to be pretty shy (I still am but I'm way better than I used to be) and everyone treated me like I was really delicate and sweet and gentle, which is basically the opposite of my real personality. Once we had to little descriptors of people in our class and one girl went in front of the whole room and talked about how "sweet and quiet" I was :rolle:. My friend was cracking up because she knows I'm really a jerk.

Not sure if this counts, but I hate how trans people aren't taken as seriously if they don't conform to gender stereotypes. My mom has implied that certain feminine mannerisms or interests of mine make me not transgender, even though my brother isn't exactly macho either, and she wouldn't try to tell him he was a girl.

Really though negative stereotypes about pretty much any group bother me.

13. Cider

Nothing will make me hate you faster than calling me an Oreo because I'm black and I "act white."

14. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love stereotypes (well, most of 'em). Usually a stereotype becomes one because to an extent, it actually is true. Of course, there are people who don't fit the description but for the most part there is some truth to it. Why do you think they exist?

Well, enough about that. The only stereotype I can think of that makes my blood boil is that American soldiers are these vicious killers who will kill any innocent person because, hey, why not? After all, they are just "licensed killers" who are just glorified by the government.

15. Formality

That as a man I am supposed to be all manly.

16. floridagal1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hate them all. They are all narrow minded and hurtful.

17. Kinyayo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd begin with that normally I don't get really annoyed by stereotypes, but I find it bizarre that people assume and say things without thinking first. From time to time I am assumed to be Chinese just because I look like an East Asian. Even Chinese people would do that and ask me something in Mandarin. That's the most common wrong assumption that I've encountered. The second most common wrong assumption I'm usually being told is that if I'm a man then I'm always horny and willing to have sex at any given time.

18. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    The stereotypes of men probably bug me the most, more so than any gay stereotypes (and that might be because I fit so many of them).

But stereotypes of men being manly, macho, meatheaded, horny all the time, rapists, etc. Just get all that shit away from me...

19. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not lgbt but wtv.

The stereotype that there is no diversity in the comic book fanbase. That we're all either twelve year old boys, or middle-aged white basement dwellers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. The Wallflower

People assume all puertoricans are gangstas.

They assume we all speak terrible english or have 'accents'.

They assume we're all lazy-ass f*cks.

They assume we're all dumb f*cks.

They assume we're all party animals.

Oh my gawd. Please.

"Oh, you're puertorican? You must be fun at parties!"

STFU.