1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 447, Jun 20, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recently I've really started to accept that I'm a homosexual. But now that I've affirmed my sexual identity, I feel like I have a lot to learn. Like how can I help be an advocate for the LBGTA+ community more? What questions do I need to be prepared to answer if people are curious? How do I let people know I'm gay?

What about safe-sex? I know all of these things are very important, and I'd like to be more educated about them.

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're wanting to be an advocate of the gay community, the best way is to start small and build your way up. Join the LGBT club at your college (or a local one around town.) Honestly, by just doing that, almost all of your questions will be answered at some point.

As far as letting people know that you're gay, the first step is to coming out to people that you're closest to and working your way out from there. Really, it's whatever makes you comfortable. When it comes to informing people that you're gay, you don't need to introduce yourself like, "Hello I'm Fred and I'm gay." Most folks these days have a decent gaydar or it'll come up in general conversation. Like I said, whatever you're comfortable with. That's different with every person. As far as the questions go.... I've been asked millions of things, I guess you never quite know what someone is going to ask you. If you're uncomfortable answering someone's question, just tell them that it's not their business.

I'll leave the safe-sex talk up to someone else. It's really no different than safe straight sex. Everyone's different in terms of who'll they'll sleep with.