1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are gay guys shallow?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Solitaire, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Solitaire

hello the title pretty much says everything I was wondering if you guys think gay guys are shallow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I made a thread like this on another forum quite similar to this one a long time ago but mostly the replies were people saying how dumb it was to post a thread about that :I
    also I feel they might just have said that because they are shallow :grin:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of them can be.

3. lettuce

No but sometimes they merge into a giant robot which saves New York, which is kind of cliché.

4. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Yes I am an extremely shallow person.
    Big muscle
    Big money
    Big house
    Big d**k
    No femme

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people in every demographic that can be very superficial.

6. Solitaire

well yeah I know that :lol:
    I meant since its a stereotype are gay guys more often shallow than not? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I am not a gay guy.. so I do not know.

But with me (A Lesbian) when it comes to women.. I can be superficial but at the end of the day it's what's inside that counts to me.. I mean.. honestly I do want my girlfriend to be attractive physically. It IS an important part for me.. but if she's just average and has the personality of a goddess then what would stop me from loving her? I'm just saying.. Beauty is only skin deep and I am sure that there are gay guys out there who agree with exactly what I am saying here.

There are definitely very superficial people out there but to group people together as one is insane.. we are all different and we all have different opinions.

P.S I've fallen inlove with a average/cute girl before.. and guess what? Her personality captivated me more then her looks. ♥

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    No offence, but this is a shallow thread, I would say. And can be very offensive.

Gay men aren't more shallow than the average person.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many are.

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

The gay dating scene is a clusterfuck. It's hard to find anyone who is really authentically serious.

Mind you, it's easy to get a quickie off some guy who's cheating on his wife! Reeeeal easy. Those are everywhere. Relationship material is almost impossible to find. You have to stand on the rooftops and scream desperately through a megaphone for days and days and days to even get a date with someone who MIGHT be serious. It's all cheap sex out there.

I wouldn't say that gay guys are necessarily "shallow," but they have two things going against them. 1) they are human, and 2) they are men.

11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not in my experience. I've found out gay men as a whole to be genuine, loyal and honest--there's something about having chosen love and honesty over, well, everything else that does that to someone. It's possible that this is becoming less the case as it becomes easier and easier to come out.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think they're any more shallow than straight guys. The difference is they don't have that male/female divide to navigate, so things could move at a different pace and direction than the formalized rituals you see in mainstream society.

Straight men seem shocked at how commonplace and accepted polygamous relationships are, or how relaxed many couples are when it comes to determining what makes cheating. There's more freedom, but I think it's easy to stay stuck in habits, especially if it's more of a "two guys friends" in love scenario.

There's nothing shallow about being upfront about sexual preferences. It's how you voice those preferences that counts.

13. Solitaire

eh I dont think it is to be honsest
    on the other site everyone was very shallow and only talked about apperance or sex >__<
    I'm just asking because I think they seem to be and alot of other people seem to think that aswell :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry. I don't find it offensive. You may have a few people with paper thin skins that enjoy being offended, but most people won't find this offensive and instead find it to be a legitimate question.

Welcome to the forum.

15. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I can speak from the perspective of having had straight female friends. They deal with the same thing.

Mind you, you also find women who lack depth. They're not the ones that it's culturally acceptable to see as lacking in depth.

16. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a superficial person personality wise, other than some things I find physically attractive; but nothings wrong with some good appearance. ;P

But yeah, I think there are superficial people in each demographic as stated.

Welcome to the forum as well, Solitaire. :grin: Sorry that the people you've encountered before seemed pretty shallow. o:

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, sorry, but it's hard to treat broad generalizations as anything better than being silly.

18. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Yeah, I'm sympathetic with the OP's negative experiences with gay culture, but if you look very closely and broaden your horizons, it has a lot more to do with gay men being human beings than anything else. That's the only generalization I think counts for anything, here. Gay men are human.

19. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread does not fit my definition of shallow, however, I would say that it's a tad asinine for it to be here. The concept of this thread is basically the same as going on a gaming forum and posting "Do all gamers live with their parents?"

While you could argue there's a higher rate of that variable you're looking at in the demographic, it obviously doesn't apply to the whole populace. And asking that community if the stereotype is true could be taken in a somewhat provocative way. Especially seeing as you're part of the community.

I'm not offended by this thread, I'm just not in love with the fact that we're still disproving stereotypes. And on a LGBT site to boot. :slight_smile:

well colour me shallow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#19 Batman, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  20. The Wallflower

Haha, it really depends on the person. Some people tend to be shallow, and others don't.

Sorry you've had bad encounters, but you should know that straight men and women can be very shallow as well.

My whole family is the definition of shallow. :/