1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of a moral dilemma... in a game.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BluhImCourtney, Jun 21, 2015.

1. BluhImCourtney

So a while ago, I was playing a game that made me think a bit...

It's the type of choose your own adventure type game, and the choices you make affect the story.

Usually, I like to save before a big decision, and choose the bitchy or morally incorrect decision first, then rewind and do whatever I would normally do. Unless what I normally do would be the bitchy decision. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I kind of fell out of playing it, because there was this one decision...

But I was thinking of playing it again, so I guess I'll ask you guys what you think.

So, what would you do in this situation?

1- Someone wants you to distract someone. You: a) distract the person, or b) break there trust and sell them out. If you distract the person, you get $1000, but if you sell them out, you get $20,000.

2- Same scenario, but the person who wants you to distract someone, upon conversation with the other, is somehow in trouble with the law, and the person they want distracted is a cop/bounty hunter. Same amount of money.

3- Same scenario as in number 1, but it turns out that the bounty hunter was hired by a band of pirates who want the other person dead. Same amount of money.

If you help the person out and get them out safely, it says, "You have a feeling you'll see her again."

Now... there's $19,000 more if I sell her out... it could be used to buy a LOT of stuff. But, since she's being hunted by pirates, I'm assuming she's a Robin Hood type... my own character also being a Robin Hood type, I feel I should help her. And another thing, in King's Quest V, there was a mouse that was eaten by a cat. If you didn't save the mouse, you couldn't complete the end-game, being stuck in a cell. Since it said I'll see her again, maybe she's this game's mouse and will save me later... but then again, $19000...

So what do you guys think?

2. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In real life? It'd depend on the time and place, but I think I'd help the woman. I've learned from experience that when I'm unhelpful to someone it nags at me forever after. Don't need more of that.

In the game, I'm not sure why you haven't just done your usual bit and tried both? Seeing all the endings is the fun of replaying a game.

3. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, I would help her in real life for the same reason.

And I think I didn't explain it too well. I had already tried both routes, and I only look at the immediate effects and then go back. It's too much reading otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I'm on my first run-through, which is why I'm unsure which to do now.

I want to know which route I should stick with.

4. wolf of fire

Honestly go with the one that gives you the smaller amount of money, the $19000 is probably there to encourage you to make a bad choice based on my experience. But I agree with Dextoid you could try both and see what happens.

5. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But after talking with the bounty hunter in the route where I sold her out, the hunter's actually kinda cool. And in one of the routes where I help the other one, I have to fight the bounty hunter, and then they run off.

Of course, I could always choose the "flirt" option... only problem is that I wouldn't flirt in real life, my character is mischievous, yeah, but not the overtly flirty type, and that scene is kinda weird.

But at least it helps the Robin Hood-esque girl out while keeping the bounty hunter as a friend... eh.