1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm currently working for Walmart and I'm not at all happy. In being yelled at and some of the workers and assistant supervisors are telling me I need to do more then my best on my work cause I'm to slow. Almost constantly. Now I haven't worked for long about 3 weeks now and I really just want to go in and say I quit and walk out. I'm tired so very tired of all the freaking snide remarks and complete BS from everyone. My question is..is it bad to quit before 30 days? Will I ever get hired if I'm unemployed and quit within 3 weeks? I don't want to work there anymore I'm literally at te end of my rope right now I'm so stressed and frustrated. Yet my family is telling me I should stay since I probably won't get hired for awhile if at all if I quit this early but I feel like I'll snap soon if I don't. I'm so lost right now and all round confused.

2. Simple Thoughts

Okay

You need to start looking for a job while you're still working at Walmart.

If you find something new than quit Walmart, if not you'll need to tough it out.

No job is really pleasant, and I've worked at Walmart before I know exactly how they can be. It's a really tough place to work. The customers are rude, the supervisors are mean, and no one appreciates the work you do.

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so close to snapping right now and I know everyone's telling to just tough it out but God I hate the job and hate all the crap they keep sleeping and then telling me I suck at doing this and everything! Yet scared at the same time if I quit I won't be getting another job anytime soon or anything.

4. Simple Thoughts

Jobs are really stressful.

Most people hate their jobs. Especially low end jobs ( like Walmart ). If you dedicate your life to something, go to college, and get the dream job I'm sure you'll feel better about it, but those first jobs we all have to go through are complete and utter hell.

My current job is one of the worst I've ever had.

The work is hard and dangerous at times, none of our bosses care about safety or employee health. There is so much favoritism ( more so than any other place I've ever been ) some people can not show up to work for weeks and others get wrote up for missing one single day plus one guy there is the single most lazy person in the whole place ( objectively speaking ) the first thing he said when he started worked was "I only go one speed and that's it" so obviously since he's slow and lazy they promoted him to the easiest job in the factory and gave him such a significant raise that he makes more than people who've been there for years.

Work isn't about fun or even comfort. Work is about planting your feet on the ground and saying "This is my responsibility, I've just gotta deal with this until I'm in a position to do something better"

5. BiPenguin

Stay on at Walmart while looking for other work or if you are able to, find a course to develop a work skill you can take elsewhere. No matter what country you live in, it is always easier to find work when you're employed for even in times of economic recession, employers will always favour an employed person over an unemployed person.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's making you this unhappy and you can somehow get by for a while without the income, I say tell 'em where to stick it, and walk out, quit, tell 'em they're a bunch of jerks that lack common manners and decency. Well, maybe don't go that far, but there's no need to take abuse.

There's more places to work than Wal-Mart, and you're still really young, as a person in the job market. Just don't list them on a resume, and it'll be no big deal. I quit a lot of jobs when I was in college, some I just walked out of, even, and it never made a huge impact; they were all unrelated to what I do now, and so far back in the past, nobody would even care that I walked out as a dishwasher, bus-boy or waiter; I still got by, and found other jobs, even if I had lean periods, I had my integrity.

True, a lot of people say, 'tough it out', but you also have your self respect. I'd rather have that, and 'tough it out' being poor, than having to be miserable, working for an abusive corporation.

(this also reminds me why I have never spent so much as one thin dime at Wal-Mart)

#6 HuskyPup, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015