1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you see yourself raising children one day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 25, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

I'm asking this because where I live, there are actually a lot of people that don't want children.

I'm personally unsure of this because the children I've dealt with in my life are all horrible little brats.

Plus, I'm not a patient person, (which is a requirement for parenthood) and I'm just not good with kids. I'm horrible with them, actually.

On the other hand, parenthood is something I've always thought about in my life, and though I'm unpatient and awkward with children, I think it's something I'd like to go through with my significant other.

When I'm ready, of course.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I want to make sure I don't have any consequences.

3. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been told I'm good with kids... But I picture myself with a man, much moreso than a woman....

So if I ever had kids (which the concept is questionable within itself) - it would be in very specific circumstances.

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arff!

YES!!!
    i'm pretty good with children up to the age of 13 when everything start out of control.
    and with sedatives and tranquilizers on hand i doubt anything will go wrong =)

5. Xander27

Totally- but not for several years

6. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always wanted kids, I'm really good with them. Babysat my sister and cousins dozens of times when I was growing up. But I don't know if I still want to have kids.

7. Weekender

One day, absolutely. Partially because I see people make so many frustrating mistakes when interacting with their own children that whatever psychological complexes I harbor demand I "show them how it's supposed to be done." I'll either be freaking awesome or entirely overbearing.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't really think so. When raising children you have to take sacrifices and be responsible for them and I don't know if I can do any of those things. I sometimes think about having children but they're such a pain and I'm not too good around children. I guess maybe in the future I'll change my mind but for now, I'm not capable of doing it.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I think I would make a great mother! But honestly I don't see myself having kids until I'm close to 30! Because.. Well I want to live my life before I take on the responsibility of parenthood.. And I would like to get to know the guy I choose as my future girlfriend/wife and I donor. I also would like to have more patience.. I definitely couldn't raise a kid right now let me tell you! x

10. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to start a family and have kids one day.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My own children, that's something different and I've answered it before, so I'll respond from the perspective of children in general.

I'm fairly good with kids. Working in a public library, I'm around them often enough, with a variety of ages. It's something you either have to learn to do, or you're going to be miserable.

I can get a child to listen to me quickly, which is amusing. There's this technique I have that always seems to stop a kid cold in their tracks. I'll snap my fingers really loud and shout, "'Ey!". They stop immediately, whether it be running around or throwing a temper tantrum. It scores me points with the single parents, LOL.

Halloween, I'd say I'm one of the better houses to Trick-or-Treat at. It's always fun to comment on a kid's costume and them look surprised, turn to their parents/guardians and say, "Momma/Daddy! They know who John Cena is!". It makes me feel cool, you know? LOL.

It's a nice thought to have my own, but for the time being, I've got plenty of opportunities to hone my parenting skills on a plethora of children.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Absolute 0% chance.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. dwelefan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe. Hell, I can't afford them right now, though. I'm getting almost too old to be undecided if I will have children. Plus, I don't know if I want to go through all the crap you have to go through to adopt or find a surrogate. It's expensive

#14 dwelefan, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  15. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Yes, once the fullness of my telekinetic powers comes in.

Oh, unless you mean the other thing, like having them and/or being responsible for their upbringing. In that case... no.

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I would like to yes, though it depends on my future partner of course and whether they want to.

17. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Absolutely! I'm still a bit wary of how the family structure would be, however. Very challenging question which I think of regularly.

18. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No.

The only time I would consider it is if my future wife/girlfriend wanted to have kids. But even then, I would never give birth.

19. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm undecided on the matter. One the one hand, there's this strong maternal urge to have children. Then I spend a few hours with children, and that idea goes out the window. I'm a very selfish person: I want to do what I want, when I want, and I don't want to have to plan my life around my child/children. At this stage, I'm not sure if I want to go through the whole pregnancy and childbirth part.

Though not a good enough reason to have kids, I feel pressured to have kids, because my sister - who is 13 months older than I am - has a daughter who recently turned 5, and they're planning on having another baby soon. I feel like I'm missing something here. But I'm single, and the only guy I would want to father my child got married in October last year and they're expecting their first child too. So there goes that idea. Maybe if I meet the right man, I'd feel differently about having kids. I'll see where my life goes. I don't want more than 2 though. They're expensive, and parenting is time-consuming and not as easy as some people make it look... :eusa_doh: :rolle:

20. Eye Shine

I definitely want to have kids in like 10 years. That would actually be a deal breaker for me if my significant other didn't want to.