1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burglar with a heart???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Dec 12, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    True story..............

My cousins' son goes to college in Miami. He was walking to class this week with his laptop and books when he was robbed at gunpoint. He pleads with the robber telling him this is finals week and all his work is on his jump drive in the computer. He tells him he can have his computer and anything else he has of value but he has to pass his finals! So the guy gives him his jump drive and all his books back and then leaves with his laptop. Can you imagine? :roflmao:

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

maybe it was another college student >_<
    all i know is if someone had a gun pointed at me the last thing i would be thinkin about is class.

3. Amy

Amy

:roflmao:
    That's brilliant.

4. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    omg he is so brave!!

5. Markio

At least less of a lack of heart, or something...

This reminds me of a story about a puppy being stolen from a car. After it was released that the puppy belonged to a young boy with terminal cancer/maybe leukemia, the robbers showed up at the kid's house and returned the dog.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I think about it, both were pretty stupid. The burglar gave my cousin enough time to identify him by sticking around long enough to give him his school things. My cousin gave the burglar enough time to shoot him. However, it was pretty funny.

7. myra

My great grandfather was held at gunpoint while getting into his car when he was a young man. The guy wanted his wallet so he could buy food for his starving family. Instead of just tossing the guy his wallet, my grandfather invited him into the car, talked with him about what he was doing, and then drove him to his house for a home cooked dinner. This was during the great depression, so my great grandma was freaking out at him for bringing a theif into the house to eat what little food they had. Then, after the meal, my great grandpa gave the theif, who was buy that point crying in gratitude, what little extra money they did have and the leftovers from dinner to take home to his family.

My great grandmother was robbed at another time in life. She is a member of the gideon's so always had all those little bibles around that she handed out. One time, I theif broke in and stold the entire bag, about 150 little bibles. She just shrugged and looked at her husband and kids and said "oh well. He obviously needs them more than we do." Haha.

8. summersforecast

Omg I can't believe that the robber left him with anything
    I guess it just goes to show even thieves can display empaty wierd!

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's a great story!

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

That's so awful. I hate people who feel the need to steal to live. It's just lame.

I was walking to an exam the other day and I saw this poor fellow cleaning broken glass out of his car. Someone had smashed the window right before the big snowstorm so there was about a foot of snow inside. Also, they stole his GPS. I felt really bad for him.

...And he was really good looking.

11. Mickey

Thieves with a conscious! Wow! Thanks for the stories,they're great! (well,except Numfarh's)

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if any of the younger folks here know who Mr (Fred) Rogers is. He was an ordained minister who started a children's TV show called "Mr Rogers' Neighborhood". Very calm, quiet show that lasted several decades. Many of us were brought up on his simple, upbeat and inclusive stories.

[​IMG]

Anyway, Mr Rogers in the 1980s drove this beat-up old car, and one day, it got stolen from in front of his house. He reported it to the police, and apparently, some local news station reported the fact. The next day, Mr Rogers went outside, and his car was back. On the steering wheel was a note:

I am SO sorry. I didn't know it was YOURS!

Lex

13. crystaltriforce

that is almost as funny as the guy who stole the philly phanatic's head. he was caught
    because he returned the head to get the reward money for provideing information on the head's whereabouts.:roflmao:

14. Nixon

love mr.rogers

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh, I'm a big fan of Mr. Rogers too! What a great guy. I went to the National Family Child Care Conference the summer before last and took a couple classes with one of his best friends. This woman worked with him for almost 20 years. She had the same calm peaceful demeanor that he had. She told us a story about him going to visit his grandchildren. They were having a water fight in the back yard with a garden hose. They accidentally got him wet and he got angry with them and yelled at them. He just felt horrible about it and apologized to them. This story stuck with me because if Mr. Rogers sometimes "loses it", then I don't feel so bad about doing it sometimes also. He was a wonderful person with a huge heart. Can you believe the Fred Phelps clan picketed his funeral? Why? Because he taught children about human diversity and loving everyone.

16. pianomike

OMG i grew up on Mr. Rogers!!!!!