1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you really just be any color you want

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yaoicore, Jun 26, 2015.

1. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

me and my brother we was talking about the whole gay marriage thing, on how happy we are about it. and all out of the blue he said some thing unreal about black people what he said was this. ''being black is a choose'' but we all know that being gay is not a choose. ok I agree about the last part of what he said but I don't really agree with the whole ''being black is a choose'' thing I was laughing he was all like what's funny? I seriously thought that he was just joking about it then he got all serious and said that he could be black if he really want it to. I'm crying in tears and he all like let's be black together then he said he know a guy that use to be black but he had a skin change the only thing I could say was ''yea right.'' he all like here is a picture he showed me ''this friend of his'' on facebook. :lol: it look pretty much photo shop if you ask me I even told him that he got so mad that we ended it up Skype in with the guy he did say he use to be black the only thing I had to tell them is both of you are lying we was on Skype for like a few minutes this guy really believe that he is white it just seem like .......I don't know what to say about it like what the fuck.:shrug::shrug::shrug::icon_ques

what do you guy's think was they lying? can you really turn your skin? this is just to funny:help:

#1 yaoicore, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm blue (daba dee daba diiii)

No, though. The answer is no. Race is not a choice. It's also a lot more than just skin colour. There are people almost as pale as me who the world still identifies as black. It's common to use fake tan here in the UK, and in many parts of Asia people use chemicals to lighten their skin. These people do not change racial identities by doing these things.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old is your brother? :lol:

But seriously though, no.

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

he my young brother, I'm the oldest but people think he is cause he taller then me

---------- Post added 26th Jun 2015 at 07:37 PM ----------

oh so basically what are your saying is that you can make it look like your a different race but you'll still be black/white ......correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, even if you alter your skin colour, there are a lot of other physical features at play when it comes to people identifying race. Some people can "pass", though. A lot of light-skinned black people in America with light skin used to "pass" as white in years past. Maybe some still do. But when we read about it, we still understand those people to be "black", the implication being that they never internalised another racial identity and went through public life in disguise. Race has to do with ethnic background as well as physical characteristics, which is not something you can change by choice. Your background is your background, and you're kinda stuck with it.

So, in short, I guess you could alter your physical characteristics and lie about your family background to a point where people would think you're of a different race, but you'd be lying. Just like a gay person can live his/her life in a heterosexual marriage and always identify that way when asked, but is still gay.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Michael Jackson did it.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe it's already been 6 years since he died!

8. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whaaaaat!? Good lord, I'm old.

9. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I thought that was a skin disease

10. Posthuman666

Im color #008282.

No but that is weird. There are people who identify as transethnic, which is like transgender but with race.

11. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

this is so new to me

12. *cough cough* RACHEL DOLEZAL *COUGH COUGH*

My question is: how the hell did people actually believe she was black? She just looked orangey-tan to me, quite honestly.

13. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I agree.

14. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If we could be any color we wanted. I'd be violet; similar to the mixture of colors in both sentences of my signature.

Or be blue; like Lapis Lazuli from Stevens Universe. ;P

15. Emmanuella

Um, no?! In high school I wanted to be blue... it still hasn't happened. (And boy am I glad it didn't!!)

16. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I told this one guy on a dating website that I was trans and well he said this ''I'm a dinosaur.'' you see now a days you can get work done on any part of your body. if that is what you want go for it

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2015 at 12:54 AM ----------

awww that suck

17. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It was, indeed, a skin disease he had, but might also have used skin bleaching (it hasn't been verified). His skin changed color with his disease which made it impossible for his cells to produce melanin (and possibly bleaching).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson's_health_and_appearance#Skin_color

18. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

thanks for the link. woah you are right about the bleach stuff.

19. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I obviously don't know the guy, but I get the feeling that dinosaur comment was meant to be a dig. Like, "lol you're trans? then i'm a triceratops." Might just be his humor but that's typically the kinda thing you get from transphobes.

And no, you can't change your race. You can tan, you can bleach, you can pretend to be another race (although it's impossible to do this respectfully), but you can't become another race. Transracials DO exist, but this is a term to only be used by someone of one race who has been adopted into a family that is of another race & as a result has no connection with the culture of their race. Someone who claims to be transracial because they believe they have a Korean soul when they're white as flour is a racist, plain & simple.

20. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

maybe I went to far on what I said.:lol: but any ways is it bad that I'm offend by it?