1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this too far, or justified?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MouseKeeper, Jun 26, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

I feel like I HAVE to do this. It just seems like it's been building up, the rage in being told to leave the country, now we have the upper hand.

I feel like screaming "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS LEGAL, GET OUT OF AMERICA!!!" It's just so tempting. Being told to get out, now things are finally going the way it should be, and I just feel like it needs to be said.

Is that going too far? Or with all the bull crap the gay community has been through, is it justified? I don't know how to channel my emotions because this is just so important to me and I'm sure everybody here, and I'm just filled with this overwhelming emotion of happiness, so, thanks a bunch.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand your hesitation at all. The ensuing emotional suffering of religious authoritarians is the best element of the Supreme Court's decision. I'm way happier about that than being able to get married now.

3. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha. I mean, the whole "You don't like it? Get out of America" sentiment has always struck me absurdly undemocratic and therefore completely odd/inappropriate for an American to ever say. But you're saying it to prove a point ironically. I don't think it's harsh in any way. Just an effective highlighting of a hypocrisy. Go for it. It might feel good.

4. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think a smug smile is all thats needed to shove it in their faces

Congratulations for you, and ✌️ to the haters (!)

5. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

please do it

6. blackhatguy

You've put up with hate and discrimination for long enough. Why should they speak their minds and you stay silent?

7. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    let it out man. just do it

8. Manitoban

Honestly it doesn't affect the religious people personally at all so why they have a problem with it is strange to me. We could just as easily call them civil unions with the same benefits of marriage...

So anyway I would just say it doesn't affect you at all. If you choose to not marry another guy don't.(or girl) Don't say to get out. That's what they're telling us. It's time for reconciliation or else the cycle of hate and mistrust will continue endlessly.