1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have u ever had suicidal thoughts recently

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davidfreckelton, Jun 26, 2015.

1. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    after coming out to my very catholic mum she told me that I should move schools because the gsa had influenced me too much. then she told me that I wasn't allowed to see my best friend anymore because he happened to be in too

just to make things worse I had to go to church and talk to the priest because my parents thought it would sort me out or whatever. I wrote a note that night but I couldn't do it. there was so much to love for.

I'm not writing this to get attention in fact I hate getting attention. lgbt people are eight times more likely to attempt suicide and that needs to change. share your story and help others see the light.

blimey I sound like a psa

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First of all: Like a guy on a support site and many others told me yesterday: It's okay not to be okay. You don't have to be.
    I've dealt with losing a best friend and the scars still haven't healed. I know how you feel, or at least part of it.

Feel free to talk any time.

Mm, yesterday the latest...

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use to.

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have intense thought of it,
    i even tried that (attemped suicide) 2 years ago

but for the last 4 weeks it stopped... I drowned myself with studying and work duty and the burst of suicidal thought just disappear
    hopefully it won't come back for good

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Less than I used to, I won't do anything about them regardless~ :slight_smile::frowning2:

6. Im Hazel

I do all the time. When I feel suicidal, I just don't leave my room, so I can't kill myself.

7. Posthuman666

Less than in the past, but the inkling is always there. But things get better.

Message me if you ever need to *hugs*

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, I think about dying quite often but I haven't had thoughts of suicide to the point where I'm afraid of myself in a while. Even then, I never took myself too seriously that I'd do it -- but the feeling is really terrible and scary. Even in my darkest hours, this accursed human will to live has prevented me from actually doing anything.

I will tell you, though, that this is a small fraction of your life. If you're in high school, a few years may seem like a long time, but it really isn't. As you get older and older, a few years becomes an even smaller and smaller fraction of your total life. Life can change very dramatically in short periods of time. There is always hope of it getting better. Well, not just hope... it will get better. It's hard to see, but before you know it, it will.

9. Ashley2103

This is going to sound weird. But I only get them when I am super tired and when I am super tired I feel super depressed.

10. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :arrow: Yep

#10 Batman, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  11. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did often in late middle school. Then I developed a fear of death that became my greatest fear. You are not alone.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's something I fight off every now and then.

13. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Not for two years, even if I got depressed again, I wouldn't think of suicides. I survived it once, survived it twice, and sure as hell I can do it again.

14. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I have. But not recently. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't act on such thoughts. Trust me, you are not alone.

15. Ineedmywaifu

Out Status:
    A few people
    Used to at an earlier stage of life, Not to go into detail about that but I lost purpose to ending myself with the realization that if I die now, I lose out on all the things that have made me laugh and happy and stuff, and just because something got me down, I'm going to take away my opportunity to live life for enjoyment? I think people forget that that good and the fun times you have outweighs the bad stuff you deal with.

I never took myself to seriously with suicide either, I just saw there was less benefit of dying now than a happy life and who wants to die in pain anyways. You want to remember your life like that? (Btw there's also that "i won't kill myself to prove them wrong about the lgbt" sort of mindset that I can dig.)

It probably won't come back or impact you as bad as long as you've got a reason to not to die with such a short notice.

16. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I get them every once in a while.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Seriously? No.

I may get a little down and dwell on it, but never in an I'm-going-to-actually-do-this kind of way. It's more of an emotionally and mentally venting method, if that makes sense.

Amusingly, my ego is my best friend when it comes to suicide. I am too proud to want to kill myself, because I do not believe anybody else is worth killing myself for. Especially not an asshole. I refuse to give them that satisfaction.

I have a name and dreams. I will not be just another tally mark.

18. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I had them tonight when I found out that I would not be getting the interview for a job that I really wanted after failing the assessments.

19. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

No. When I'm driven to that point, I just go into hibernation. Singing "Aquerala do Brasil." Toys in the attic. Gone fishing.

Suicide is for those people who are all about being sunny and optimistic. I am a goth. If it were not for my history of depression and insanity, I would be inexcusably boring.

#19 Christiaan, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  20. BiKate

I considered it when I was in my last relationship and feeling worthless and depressed a lot. Told my boyfriend at the time but he got angry at me for being depressed and made fun of me for wanting to commit suicide. A lot of problems went away when I dumped him.
    I'm really glad I didn't act on it the few times I considered. Really, really glad.