1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG, How on earth did I never see it.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I'm looking through a couple of photos and my mind was blown when I saw myself in a lot of photos shirtless. It's strange having a physical disability and yet I look so good. By having my mind blown I mean how on earth didn't I notice I was shall we say handsome. I am legit surprised by how I look. I still have things I hate about myself like my voice and some aspects of my personality. But it's finally good to have something I like about my body.

2. Justinian20

Sorry about how this comes off. I know I sound a bit rude and non sensical, but I can actually explain. I need every bit of good I can get because I have low self esteem.

I hate a lot of things about myself, I think I fail at life when someone does a job instead of me as I think they are doing it cause they think I can't do it. So in seeing those pictures of myself I feel good about something and I feel like maybe I've got a chance to make something out of myself.

Yes I am struggling a lot with uni. In a way, me being open with myself has caused situations with university. Like the second week of university I had boy trouble. (I couldn't focus in the lecture as he was always there and always sexy, I got videogaming to distract myself). Yes I am the type that gets distracted by love. Yes when I like a guy I go crazy for him. I watch and notice him every time I see him. I can't ever bring myself to talk to him face to face. Facebook and texting is so easy because real life I get incredibly nervous around guys I love. I just need to actually just start doing girl group activities.

My life goals changed from passing uni to getting a boyfriend and finally allowing myself to be completely happy.

I also need to know what activities will I rarely see a guy in because I need to perhaps refocus my goals, the only thing though is that I kind of dislike university because it's a bit boring. I enjoy being allowed to be super creative. Uni stifles that for me.

Anyway back onto the main reason I posted the thread, it was to help my self esteem and make me feel better, I also thought why did I hate myself so much and also why'd I ever think I wasn't attractive. It all comes down though to self esteem and mine being low made me think these things.

3. asphalt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nothing wrong with recognising how attractive you are. i can't pass a mirror without checking myself out. i'm perfectly okay with this.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, you can have both your uni degree and a boyfriend. You don't have to grab just one slice of the cake, you can have it all 'cause it is your cake.

Glad you are finally accepting you are handsome, that is a good first step.

Told you, you gotta unleash the beast! :slight_smile:

5. BiKate

Keep up the good work! In the last few months I've gone from constantly thinking to myself about how worthless and awful and ugly I am, and I've slowly come out of that and now some times am surprised when I look in the mirror and I'm basically checking myself out haha. I still have some low days but I've kept up the positivity as much as I can :slight_smile:

Congratulations on being attractive as hell!! :grin:

6. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Its always weird to see your own body from a different angle! I hate the mirrors in the target changing rooms, there are literally 3 of them!

7. Posthuman666

Keep on keeping on sexy :slight_smile:

8. FoxSong

Yeah, I find myself going: you look hot! In front of mirrors :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There are other things I'm less confident about so I like to allow myself that bit of vanity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be sorry, you should be proud of who you are and look like. Its just society telling us we should hate how we look and are. That is untrue. Everyone should love themselves because they are perfect.