1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome -.-'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

Oh well somehow getting 10 dollars in gas cost me 55 dollars...I love friggin errors like this! >.<

I contacted my card about it, but I'm sure they'll be like "NOTHING WE CAN DO SO FUCK YOU!"

Yay...I actually do pretty good saving money this week, and now this shit ARE YOU SERIOUS!? GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Yosia

You are entitled to have that money back, whether they give you the refunded amount or you take them to court for a whole lot more.

3. AlamoCity

Are you sure it's not the temporary hold a gas station puts on purchases? when you swipe the card they preauthorize an amount to ensure you have funds. There's a gas station that puts a $100 hold on credit cards here. Wait a couple of days after the purchase for it to "settle."

Also, to avoid this, go inside and actually say "I want $10 of gas" and they'll ring the exact amount to your card.

4. Simple Thoughts

I'm not familiar with the way these cards work ^^"

I use a card reguarly, but this is the first time I've been keeping up with my purchases and monitoring what I do/don't have.

The status on it is "pending" so if they really do that, that's probably the reason...I hope so. I don't even care if I look stupid right now as long as my money isn't gone X3

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a difference between an authorization and an actual charge.

I filled up last night. The amount authorized was $99. I saw it on the display. The fill (not much this week) was $20.

What's on your statement? I suggest keeping all your receipts around for a month until the statement comes and matching them to it. That's what I do. You ought to find it's not a problem.

6. Simple Thoughts

I unfortunately don't have the receipt. I hardly ever hold onto those ^^"

7. thepandaboss

Keep an eye on your account. If you still see the authorization charge by, say, Tuesday, something's up. I'm thinking it probably is an authorization charge. I one time paid about 40 bucks for gas but my card only charged about 8. Imagine my surprise when they corrected the error. -_-

Also, keep an eye on any suspicious purchases.

8. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You called?
    This post has nothing to do with me...

Don't go to that gas station again unless you don't have a choice. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something wrong with the machine. Better luck next time.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep all receipts in the future. At least until your statement arrives and you can match them to it. Then you can discard them. That's what I do.