1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you an outdoorsy type?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 28, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

Do you enjoy being with nature? Do you like hiking, camping, swimming, fishing...

or do you prefer being inside?

I personally love love love nature, and I respect it. I don't litter, and I definitely prefer carrying a piece of gum before throwing it on the floor (even though it's apparently harmless) but I can't say I enjoy being outside... I especially hate the beach.

Eww.

Sun, salty water that blinds your eyes, and stickiness. Yuck.

I like being comfy and cozy on my nice little bed.

#1 The Wallflower, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. LOL I hate the sun and outdoors. Every time it's summer vacation for me, I stay indoors almost all the time and I become more pale.

3. BiKate

I LOVE the beach. But I spent the first 7 years of my life living in a coastal city and my mum loves the beach so we went there a lot. I wish I lived near a beach, the ocean always makes me feel better on bad days.

I like hiking, providing it's not too hot, I have water and there's plenty of shade and places to sit haha. Camping I can do every now and again with the right company but I'd prefer a van.

Mostly though I like staying inside and going for a walk every now and then. But sometimes I feel like I need to get out and be with nature. If I had a cozy little hut in the middle of a rainforest that had internet and wifi then I'd be really, really happy though.

4. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the outdoors. Hiking, fishing, kayaking, camping, etc.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can be, and would be more so if it wasn't for the Internet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Burnedcloset

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really outdoorsy. I live in a somewhat rural area, but what I think I like about it is that it gives me a sense of space between me and other people. I have zero interest in most outdoor activities. The only one cited in the original post that I do is swimming, but I only do that in a heated swimming pool.

8. Jellal

I much prefer being indoors.

But there is one thing I love to do outdoors, and that's hiking! Fuck camping and double fuck fishing, I don't wanna go in the ocean. Hiking for life.

9. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could write an essay or seven about why I love the environment and the natural features of my country, and how I enjoy them, but to save you all the reading, I'm just going to say yes. :lol: I'm very outdoorsy, and quite the hippie.

(but you're all totally welcome to message me and geek out about nature)

10. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do enjoy being out in nature. It's nice to get away from people. I'm not really an outdoorsy type in regards to camping & such. It's more about taking walks or long drives.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I love being outdoors, and in natural settings, though living in the city and working a lot, I don't see it as much as I'd like to.

Though I love hiking, especially along rivers, swimming, canoeing, inner-tubing, fishing, ice-fishing, cross-country skiing, sledding, dog-sledding, horse-back riding, long walks on the shores of Lake Michigan, exploring marshes and wetlands, camping, observing wildlife from badgers to foxes to skunks to raccoon to woodpeckers to beavers to deer to coyotes to turtles to....well you get the idea. I don't like stuff that involves guns and motors though; I like to have it quiet, and not create a huge disturbance...

And such are the reasons I hope to move back to northern Michigan in the next two years, now that we and my mate will still be married there.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am often outdoors and love being outdoors. The big question for me is beach versus mountains. In some places, you can't have both.

However, I have never been described as outdoorsy, nor would I describe myself as outdoorsy.

13. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

:eusa_snoothe internet is my home what the hell is the so called outside

14. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am big on the outdoors. I recently took a series of photos of wildflowers in the area. I love nature and the environment. My favorite thing to do is hike, but I also like being out on a boat or even camping. As long as I'm outside, I love it.

15. Natasha Elyssa

Hmm.... Gonna say I'm kinda neither and both. There are things I like and hate about being indoors and outdoors. 50/50. :slight_smile: <3

16. Kinyayo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm more of an outdoor type. Can't stay indoors for a whole day. I want to see the world in all its beauty!

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No unless it's winter because it's the only time of year where the weather is nice. The early spring is nice too but this time of year it is so hot! This is where I only go outside if I'm going swimming keep my blinds completely closed have the AC on and watch tv.

18. AlamoCity

I've felled (actual) trees and chopped wood with an ax. Does that count as outdoorsy? :lol:

I do like the outdoors, so long as I have sunscreen, bug spray, and the ability to end the day with a shower. Fishing can be fun and therapeutic. Nothing like catching a legal size Red Drum.

19. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love being outdoors. If there were outlets to plug in your computer, wifi, and unlimited drawing supplies outside, I would never want to go inside. I especially love being in the woods. I wish I lived in a more rural area.

20. Still Me

I wouldn't say I am outdoorsy, but I do like being outside. I grew up in Colorado next to a national park so I spend a lot of time as a kid climbing rocks and hiking. When I moved to Mississippi, I had a hard time adjusting to the heat and humidity. I still like to be outside because I get cabin fever really easily, but the whole backwoods, "let's go catch a snake and check out the alligator nest" type of outdoors isn't for me. I prefer to go to the park and play frizbee or read a book under a tree.