1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Sensitive Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

And not just in an emotional sense, but in a general one. If you want to answer for this though, by all means. Are you emotionally sensitive?

How easily offended are you? Is it easy to get under your skin? Does it depend on what is being done or said?

Are you prone to being argumentative?

inb4 stone cold badass.

2. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is this supposed to mean? What are you implying? I can't help but take some offence to what you are saying. What sort of rude question is this? Are you calling me sensitive? That is very unkind of you. Did you ever consider my feelings before asking this? Huh? Do you just expect people to go along with this?

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to make myself some tea and try to calm down.

<3

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sensitive that I have achieved emotional wreck status. I feel literally everything to extreme levels. All the good and all the bad. I also have a wild imagination and tend to jump to the worst case scenario in any given situation with an unknown outcome.

4. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can get very sensitive if people push the right buttons; but the possibility of me actually going out and making a scene about it is quite unusual.

However; there are times where I literally have moments of steel. I don't let most people stomp on my ass, and sometimes I've been told by various people that I do have moments of great mental resilience. Not just by dealing with people, but with dealing with life situations.

But then again... I'm one of those people who've 'walked out of' the whole thing of low self-esteem, and other mentally harmful thought processes.

5. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am too sensitive for my own good, and I've been told, gentle.
    I've been walked over far too much.

6. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sensitive in a sense of, "Oh my god - that breaks my heart!" I've actually been referred to as insensitive... On more than 1 (or 100, lmao) occasions. It's hard for me to feel sorry for people and/or get butt-hurt by ignorant comments.

I do get emotional in debates or arguments when I think someone is being irrational. I try to shy away from arguing about sports because of that. I can be pretty unpleasant to be around.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not prone to be argumentative at all, I often let people walk over me to avoid arguments :/

As for being sensitive it really depends. Somethings people say the rudest shit to me and it doesn't bother me, but sometimes I feel bad over a comment that wasn't nearly as rude.

8. YunoGasai

if its in the name of banter with some friends i dont care at all.but if they mean to hurt then it really gets to me.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's really hard to offend me. You'd have to really mean it to offend me. I see people getting worked up all the time over simple things people say, and I wonder what was so offensive about it. I don't really consider myself sensitive, and I guess I'm this way because I've spent the past several years learning to cope with my feelings. I used to be really over sensitive, though.

I am, however, more prone to being argumentative but not always.

10. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty darn sensitive. I suspect part of the reason for this high level of sensitivity is the suppression of my sexuality. I believe I am reacting to rejection.

Once you have an emotional cut, it's easier for the cut to get deeper.

11. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty unsensitive and I don't offended very easily, as I never really take things personally. Things just don't bother me that much, I suppose, and being in a debate club I've heard a lot of ideas which I strongly disagree with. That has made me realise that opinions, no matter how controversial, are just opinions. I'm not very sensitive and I sometimes find it annoying when people get offended over little things.

I am not argumentative in the sense that I would start up on argument if someone was saying something I disagreed with, or posting something I disagreed with on the Internet. However, although I don't start arguments, I perform very well in proper, organised, debate; and often end up taking a lead role in the debate.

12. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Depends on what is said or done but I can let most things go but certain things get to me

13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be surprised if someone could actually offend me, especially if I knew that they were trying to get under my skin.

14. MetalRice

I'm somewhat sensitive I would say, I can get angered very easily and can get emotionally hurt easily.

15. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm way too sensitive about everything, quite easily offended and extremely insecure. I doubt that anyone notices that because I'm not good at expressing my feelings and I just pretend nothing gets to me, but oh man..
    I don't like conflict so I avoid arguing but I will express my opinion if I really disagree with what is being said.

16. Dakeli27

Pretty sensitive. I don't get offended easily, but I do get hurt easily when people I'm close to are involved. For instance, my dad can make me cry very easily, but I don't really get upset with strangers. I do get upset when they do things like hurt animals or be mean to others, though, and I have a really hard time standing up to them.

17. xoe98xo

xoe98xo Guest

I can be very sensitive but I can also be completely the opposite. I guess it changes depends on what kind of day I'm having. I can get angered easily! I can also get easily offended but it depends on what the topic is.

18. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm never offended and very stoic with my emotions.

Happy days :slight_smile:

19. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a very sensitive person. It doesn't take much to annoy me and get under my skin. The good thing about me is that I'm pretty good at hiding when I'm hurt or annoyed, so if someone is intentionally trying to get to me, I can act like it's not working even if it feels like a knife to the heart. I look and act very stoic and apathetic, but I think my emotions and sensitivity come out a lot when I write and talk. I'm too sensitive, I feel like it's great because I'm empathetic but sometimes I end up getting offended for other people when they're not even offended :lol: I can get very passive-aggressive towards people who hurt me, like ignoring them to the point where I don't even make eye contact with them. I'm not good at being assertive :/ Passive-aggressive behavior is a sign of an overly-sensitive person.

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes omg too sensitive! I mean I don't let people walk over me I stand up for myself but it's very easy to hurt my feelings.