1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you THANKFUL for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianomike, Dec 13, 2008.

1. pianomike

I read the study on how people who are thankful and content with what they have, happen to live longer.
    So what are you thankful for, (when you think about it, there are MILLIONS of things to be thankful for.) (^_^)

2. Shevanel

A good family, good friends and possibly the greatest people to talk to that care for me. Also for the insane amount of luck I've had, and the amount of bad luck that's made me realize that I have to take life seriously. Thankful to be alive, to have had a chance to live, and to live in such a great place like Long Island right near NYC, one of the most amazing places in the world.

Also for music, beaches, water, surfing, guitar, love and freedom.

3. summersforecast

I'm thankful for this website for giving me the courage to speak my mind and allowing me to meet all these great people who know what I'm going through

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm thankful for friends-close friends especially, being able to live on my own terms, being almost done with college, clothes, music, my grandmother-though she is way too conservative in her politics I love her, traveling, meeting such wonderful people on my travels, having the courage to finally start coming out. :slight_smile:

5. Nugget

I'm thankful for still being able to live in this house.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm thankful for three children who have never disappointed me. They always strive to be the best people that they can be.

I'm grateful to have a gay son who has taught me so much about living and loving.

I'm grateful to have so many friends who love me for who I am.

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to do what I do helping young people come out and be accepted by their family and friends.

I'm grateful to live in beautiful Oregon!

I'm thankful that in this tough economy things are still manageable here in my household and that I am able to buy my kids gifts when others cannot.

I'm so happy that all my kids will be home for Christmas and that my "son-in-love" will be joining us for the first time!

I'm grateful for one person who came into my life many years ago who taught me how to love myself and gave me the confidence to go out into the world and make a difference.

I'm grateful for the election of Barack Obama! :slight_smile:

7. Trumpetplyer23

I'm thankful for my mom. She's an amazing person.

I'm thankful for all of my friends. They're all great.

I'm thankful for my athleticism. It allows me to be healthy and play sports.

I'm thankful for my intelligence. It allows me to have many opprotunities.

I'm thankful for breathing. Without it, I couldn't live.

I'm thankful for all the little things, everyone does everyday, just to make me happy.

I'm thankful for EC. It helped me a lot.

I'm thankful for keyboards. I can type out my papers instead of writing them.

I'm thankful for softball open cages/gyms. I can see what I need to work on (and who I'm better than :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

8. Daniel

I'm thankful for the friends I've had. The life I've lived. And most of all I am thankful for what tomorrow may bring no matter what it is.

9. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thankful for crack cocaine and all the fifth graders who buy it from me..

Oh and my family and stuff...

10. Mickey

I'm thankful for my mom,who has always been there for me.
    I'm thankful for Mass. General Hospital (my surgeon) and Spaulding Rehab for all they did
    for me and for helping me to walk,again.
    I'm thankful for my past because all the trials & tribulations helped me to grow and to appreciate every day I'm on the earth.
    I'm thankful for my dog,Roxie,who loves me unconditionally.
    I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters for being by my side through the good times and the bad. Mickey*

11. TheRoof

i am thankful for my wonderful family(altho they could be annoying, nevertheless i am thankful for everything they do for me), and thankful that i grew up in an affluent environment so that i'm not hungry or can't buy something i want...
    i am thankful for my close friends for being there for me and having fun together
    i am thankful for my relatives, my grandparents and especially my cousins, who are one of my best friends. i love u all, and i miss u so much, and i'll see u next summer
    and...i guess i should be thankful for myself? that i always try to be my best in person?
    yup that's about it

12. summersforecast

I am thankfull for JRNY's sexy avatar even though he will not post a picture of himself

13. Étoile

I'm thankful for:

My parents. Without them, I couldn't live in this house, wear the things I wear, do the things I do, be typing this right now, or exist.

My friends. Even if I don't see them much after school, the time we do spend together is marvelous (I so hate that word!).

My intelligence. It allowed me to get into the classes I'm in now, learn and experience amazingly educational things, and meet some awesome and not-so-awesome people. LOL

My job. I'm able to finally receive my own paycheck and put it in my own savings account.

My personality. Although it hasn't always been helpful, it has allowed me to be open-minded and meet an array of people, from acquintences to best friends.

My upbringing. My parents could have been better, but things could have always been much, much worse.

People who have shaped the world in a positive way. This is for all of the abolitionists, philosophers, soldiers who fought for others' rights and put their lives on the line for complete strangers.

My life. Through the ups and downs, highlights and dark moments, even my emotions now, it has made me who I am and what I am.

14. pirateninja

I'm thankful for my parents; I can trust my mom with anything, and she always has my best interests at heart. My dad, although he can be awkward at times, and sets his expectations far too high, he tries his best. He has the best intentions, and is always determined to make things right.

I'm thankful that both my parents decided to split up rather than stay together; they've gotten along better apart than they ever did together.

I'm thankful that both my parents have found wonderful partners who make them happy.

15. OneHatMadder

HEAR HEAR!

I'm thankful for my friends and family for loving me.
    I'm thankful for EC for helping me.
    I'm thankful for my mentors for teaching me.
    I'm thankful for Stephen Sondheim... just 'cause.
    I'm thankful for having a happy life.
    I'm thankful for music.
    I'm thankful for film.
    I'm thankful for the theatre.
    I'm thankful for everything good in my life
    I'm thankful for everything bad in my life 'cause it makes the good seem better.
    I'm thankful fullstop.