1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is your ideal romantic partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 447, Jun 30, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you could meet your perfect romantic interest, what do you think they would be like? What about your ideal sexual partner? Arguably romantic partner and sexual partner are often one and the same, but I wanted to clarify that I was asking about both, even if they're the same person.

2. C P

C P

I have no sexual interest in anyone, thus no answer to the latter question.

As for the romantic side of things, that would have to go to my current, first crush, which is never going to happen, so I may as well not have an answer at all... :l

I guess at least the thought of him keeps me somewhat sane...

3. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ideal romantic, emotional & intellectual partner is my husband, who is also my best friend. He's also ideal sexually, but, that's the least important aspect for me. We have so much in common with our views, beliefs & interests that I joke we're practically twins. It hasn't always been easy, what with health & other life changing events, but, our strong bond has seen us through. Since I'm bi (he is as well) & we're poly, if I could find a lady love like that, I'd be beyond ecstatic.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woman: Soft, feminine, height not important, long hair, good physical condition (unlike myself, so this is hypocritical. Open to more curvy women too), confident, nice smile, loving, honest, faithful, loves animals, independent (good job, own car), preferably my age or younger, but has to at least be legal obviously. Open-minded about sexual stuff, so we'll just wing it and hope for the best :grin: (I just hope she's clean-shaven or mostly clean shaven. I have a problem with hair down there. It grosses me out :icon_redf)

Man: Masculine, stocky (not muscular, just big-boned. A beer belly is great too), has to definitely be taller than me (I'm quite tall at 5'10), loving, honest, faithful, loves animals, independent (good job, own car), preferably older than I am (Not more than 20 years difference though), preferably clean-shaved face, but a neatly trimmed beard is fine too. Not too big on moustaches, open to it though if the guy meets the other requirements.

Sex-wise he has to put my needs first. Yes, I'm going to be selfish now too. Been in too many relationships where the guy was only concerned about his own pleasure, and after he's been satisfied, he forgets about me. And I go out of my way to please him, which I feel is unfair :tantrum: Stamina must be good. I don't want it to be over in 30 seconds :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I guess we can work around that if we have to :grin: And in case you were wondering, size-wise: Anything between 4 to 6.6 inches. Too small is (obviously) not going to be satisfying, and too big hurts (Yes, it really does). :icon_redf

5. asphalt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i notice intelligence before anything else. being able to hold a decent conversation, quick wit, dry banter, but nothing spiteful. bitchiness pisses me the fuck off. i'm not really concerned about physical appearance or age, though i like enough stubble that it feels like sandpaper. if we're going fantasy fuck, a luke evans type. i don't know if i believe in romance enough to outline an ideal partner, since i want everything intense and that burn never lasts long, and i'm useless with commitment.

6. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Is attracted to me. This is for me a big turn-on.

Gentleman and shows concern toward me, fusses a little over my health, "mothers me" just a bit but not overwhelmingly. Too much, and I will spook and run, but that little dusting of anxiousness is compulsory. At least bother to shout "drive safe" or something after our first date, or there might not be a second one. I do notice.

Doesn't have to be some Adonis, but a man's health is his responsibility. A little chubby and honestly trying to diet, routinely seeing a nutritionist, and a little chubby and cramming a double-cheeseburger in a picture on a Grommr account are a cosmos apart. Just don't leave a guy with a sense that "He just didn't care." Behavior first, appearance second. I am very uncompromising in that this is how I judge.

Mixes up a good cocktail. Get the Waldorf book, and learn to do them right. I'm a swankaholic, not an alcoholic, and anything you can do swanky, I'm diving on it, whether it's food, drink or sex. There is no such thing as "too recherché" for me. Strut your stuff, and be proud of it.

Strong ethical consciousness. If a guy says he refuses to eat at a certain fast food place because the meat they use comes from a company that has a poor reputation for its treatment of animals, dingdingdingdingding! Just showing you think about these things is huge. I will not abide a man who goes through life not even fully conscious of what he's doing. Just think. You don't even have to have intelligence. You can't help if you have a low IQ, but if you aren't thinking, then there is no excuse.

I'm pretty easy to please.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

At this point, I'd settle for just breathing.

8. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HE would be a little older than me sort of stocky built, have some visible tattoos, hairy, easy to talk to , sex wise he needs to be decisive and loads of stamina .

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    A chocolate-covered toy will do just fine LOL

Seriously though, hmm... I'll go with a guy configuration since I ain't sure I fancy the gals in the mooshy mooshy way.

Bod. Mm... Tall with a chest on the bigger side. Nice strong thighs.

Eyes. Sharp, intelligent, confident eyes that have seen the world.

A taste for the dur-tay. Yes, when I'm on hormones my sex drive will drop. But dammit if he doesn't wanna have me once a day at least then I'll be cranky xD
    Also, if he likes some light kink, like throwing me into the wall etc <3, that's a definite plus.

Personality. As long as he's nice, the above is less important. :slight_smile:
    He needs to respect that I'm introvert and need my me-time but at the same time that I'm needy and need him to cuddle me when I need comfort.
    He needs to accept my mental issues and be kind and bring me hot chocolate when I need it.
    I couldn't be with a self-centered person. He needs to be caring about me and other people and care for the world.

10. Formality

I prefer tall guys. I think a lil stubble is very cute and hot. I prefer light dreamy eyes. Preferably blonde. A lil body hair is also a plus.

But all of those are really irrelevant as long as I like the person. Personality is a lot more important than looks. I prefer someone who is adventurous, dreamy, happy, nice to people and to himself, sure of himself, not scared of showing emotion, open minded and creative minded.

11. Emmanuella

They have to be:
    - loyal
    - kind (towards all living creaturea...not just me and those they love).
    - some sense of humour would be nice...I'd love it if they found my lame jokes amusing
    -I'd have to find them beautiful... I'm not someone who is attracted to those popular beauty "ideals". I find different aspects of different people beautiful. But yes,I would ideally want to find my lover very attractive.
    - I'd want them to lead a healthy lifestyle, as it is something I'm struggling to improve myself, and I'd like my partner to be someone who motivates or en outages healthy habits as opposed to some one my already unhealthy eating and exercise habits!!
    -ideally I'd also like them to be open to having kids or adopting as that's something I have wanted for as long as I can remember!!

-oh, and I want them to genuinely be in love with me, and to find me attractive :wink:

12. warthog

Ideal?
    Dear oh dear. Well he has to be a little younger than me, smart, and above all he must tolerate my faults. Dark curly hair, tall-ish, wide eyes with magnificent eyelashes, and a soft voice. He must be kind and understanding, again to get along with my bitchiness and erratic ways.
    *sobs*

13. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have much interest in a romantic partner. But let's see...

I would want a confident girl, she would have to know what she wants, and not be afraid to tell me. That being said, not someone who mirco-manages. Just because she's very confident, doesn't mean she's all controlling. She would have to be someone who understands I don't like physical touch very much, and be very okay with just chilling out as more platonic lovers than "romantic" lovers. She'd have to be an extrovert too, someone who drags me out of my shell. She'd also have to be good with putting up with my (horrible) jokes.

Physical appeal is not important. But I do like darker hair/darker skin colours.

14. MetalRice

Hmm, let me think; what's my ideal partner?

-Someone who is loyal
    -Someone who is kind and generous
    -Someone who isn't always serious and can make fun of themselves or have fun
    -Someone who has a sense of humor (ties into number three)
    -Someone who knows how to have a good time
    -Someone who loves food as much I do
    -Someone who'll make me feel happy and loved

Ideally, I'd also love my partner to be open to having kids too.

15. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Guy - taller and a little older, protective, soft kind eyes, maybe a bit of stubble, a little muscular and strong, someone who would push me out of my shell and be playful.

Girl- a little tomboyish in nature, excited and willing to do new things and drag me around to do them, around the same height as me, amazing smile that comes out often, daring.

But I like most types of people. People can be annoying as hell or amazing. I try and catch them being the latter.

16. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Someone who is loyal and kind and loves animals. Also he/she needs to be understanding and willing to communicate and work on our relationship. And of course I'll do the same. Having at least a couple interests in common is good. Those are all musts.

Things of secondary importance are a good sense of humor, intelligent, adventurous but introverted, and tries to stay healthy.

I don't care much about physical appearances. I tend to like slightly overweight people though because they are cuddlier. :slight_smile:

I don't care about sex. I'd rather take things slow. So probably someone who doesn't place a lot of importance on sex, maybe even asexual.

17. BiKate

For guys or girls:
    They need to be trustworthy and not lie. That lying crap makes me feel awful and there's no point of having a relationship with no trust for me. I want them to put effort in and make time to spend with me, not every second of the day, but relationships mean something to me so at least put in the same amount of effort as me. Somebody who loves animals. Not into drugs, or too much into drinking. Every now and then drinking is fine but don't make your life revolve around it. As for drugs, if you do anything more than smoke pot every once in a while, I'm out. I've been around enough stoners and dated a guy who turned into a stoner, and when you're not into that lifestyle it's just not fun. Really I'm just not into addictions, especially if the person doesn't want to work towards fixing their addiction.
    Somebody who I can chill out with and watch shows, eat food and snuggle with. Somebody who'll always be there for me, and after being together for a while will make me a priority. Oh and loyal! Must be willing to have kids someday, and also much like my dogs.

As for the sexual side, they need to have a medium to high sex drive for me. I mean, ideally anyway. And be willing to try some things, like tying up and stuff, but not get too crazy with that. And no butt stuff.
    However it's less important for me and I would never try to force somebody into anything sexual that they weren't comfortable with. When the right person comes along sex isn't going to matter that much.

18. Van

Van

Loyal, kind and very cuddly. And most of all - he needs to have a nice sense of humour. :thumbsup:

19. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She's probably someone who's smart, passionate about something, with a great sense of humour. Someone who is kind and respectful as well. Up for some great adventures and shares some of the same creative interests I do. Honestly just someone who I can be loyal and committed to, someone who I can talk to about anything and who I can trust and rely on at the end of the day. (And also vice versa of course!) Who doesn't have to be there constantly but is the constant in my life who I can support and love whole heartedly.

20. lettuce

Somebody who's just like me, but not at all like me. They would need to be simultaneously much shorter and taller than me and have bioluminescent skin. I'd like them to have a great sense of humour, but I wouldn't want them to ever laugh or tell any jokes. And they would have to be named Craig, Meldreth, Lucien or Dorothy.

Or a sasquatch. Being romantically involved with a literal sasquatch is definitely on my bucket list.