1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Panda Express, Olive Garden ft. Italian Grandmas Try Olive Garden!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Jul 3, 2015.

1. What are your thoughts on fusion cuisine? I'm sure the chains we're quite familiar with are Panda Express, Olive Garden, PF Changs, etc.

Also, if you're Chinese, what are your thoughts on Panda Express?

Same as if you're Mexican, what are your thoughts on Taco Bell?

Likewise if you're Italian, what are your thoughts on Olive Garden?

Honestly, I wouldn't buy Panda Express and PF Chang's with my own money. I would eat it though. I mean, it's not that bad.

Also, watch this hilarious videos of nonnas trying Olive Garden!

[YOUTUBE]UVyhE3-_lCM[/YOUTUBE]

2. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

the only thing I ever eat out of a Chinese fast food restaurant is orange chicken I hate taco bell do you really want me to go there? ok how in hells the taco's look all thick but when you buy the real thing the shit is really skinny like the fuck
    never tried Olive Garden

3. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never tried any of them except Olive Garden. One time I had family members from Italy come visit us for a week and we took them there to eat. They said the food didn't really taste like regular Italian cuisine but it was still good nonetheless.
    I also went with a group of friends to Taco Bell and I didn't get anything because the choices on the menu didn't look appetizing to me. When I actually saw what one of them had ordered, it looked so good and I wanted to just take a big bite out of it, lol.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never understand these "x reacts to y" videos. :/ They always seem so staged, they're worthless in gaining information on what x actually typically thinks of y, and they just generally bore me. Anyways, I'm pretty American so I can't really be snobby about food from my own culture that has been adapted to fit other cultures' preferences, except maybe how McDonald's tastes in other countries.... I don't mind panda express and Olive Garden is alright. I'm pretty picky so I tend to just get pizza and a salad or something from Olive Garden... It's hard to mess up cheese pizza or a salad. I dont tend to eat fast food mostly because wits unhealthy.

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been to Olive Garden; it's alright for what it is. But having been to good restaurants in Italy, there's no real comparison. But just because something isn't super authentic doesn't mean it can't be good on its own. I've never been to Panda Express, though.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being part Sicilian, that was funny to watch! My Sicilian grandmother would have probably spit a lot of it out, and uttered various profanities; she was pretty set in her views, especially about cooking, which I will always miss.

Still , I think Olive Garden is better than Panda Express, which seems to have this weird fake/processed taste, and also tends to cause instant heartburn. Not good Chinese food, and a very limited menu.

Taco Bell works well as a laxative---consume only when constipated.

7. LOL The Brooklyn sounding (soundin') grandma in the denim was my favorite one! Especially when she compared the breadstick to a skinny dick. Like huh, I'd never made that connection before.... makes me wonder what she did in her day :lol:

Yeah, Panda Express's fried rice tastes pretty artificial....

8. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We live in a town of 15, 000, so, don't have that many chains, including, Panda Express & Olive Garden. We do prefer to support the local mom & pop establishments. I like both of those. The fast food & casual chains are what they are. Some items good, some so so. They can't be compared to authentic. The best stuff is always at someone's home.

9. thepandaboss

Nice to see another Nor-Cal EC'r. Anyway, you know, it's funny. I never really grew up in a home where we were super attached to any particular culture, you know? Except my step-dad was Japanese, so we sometimes had stuff he grew up with. Can't say there are a lot of Japanese chains, except for the ever-so dubious "Asian buffets".

As far as the chains... I still eat at Olive Garden once in a while. There's a place I like a little better (Bucco di Bippo- that sound familiar, Gypsy?) but not always on budget. Taco Bell? No thanks, I like keeping my intestines in my body (funny enough, my step-dad used to manage one). Panda Express? I dunno. I guess I'm opposed but nothing really appeals that much. I'd rather do a local place.