1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eyes are creepy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biisme, Dec 14, 2008.

1. biisme

okay...I know this is random..but so far no one has understood what I mean, so I thought I'd see if any of you guys know what I mean, or can see what I mean.

well, there are two ways of thinking about it that's creepy.

the first is that what we're seeing isn't actually seen through a window in our mind, but is relayed through the brain and the retina and such. So..in a way, what we're seeing isn't really what's there (and this is where I lose people) and I get the image that we're all seeing the same thing from the environment, but there could be something there that we're not picking up. Something right in front of us, or all around, that no one can pecieve. Like "the matrix" (the movie). What if what we see isn't the only thing that's outside of our bodies? Right there...creepy...

the other is more basic. that our souls or minds, or whatever are just in the body and we're peering out through the eyes like windows (totally different than the last creepy way of looking at it) and the body is like a costume. and our skin and everything is just a suit.

i know this sounds like mad ramblings, but this seriously creeps me out every now and then. today, i couldn't get these ideas out of my head during church.

so....anyone see what i mean?

#1 biisme, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. Bunny

Sorry, you lost me at "we're peeing out".

(Really, sorry, I get what you're saying but LOL. xD; )

3. RaRa

Im one to believe in ghosts and stuff, but you seem kind of crazy to me....lol.

Sorry!

And anyways, the eye is one of the hottest parts of the body, atleast to me. :wink:

4. biisme

o. whoops. i've edited it.

and...yup. so far everyone thinks i'm crazy...

o well.

5. Jonathan

I know exactly what you mean. I've actually thought about this before, and it's just so weird to think about. It's wierd thinking that there could be something right in front of me that my eyes and other senses can't pick up.

I've also thought about colors. We basically all see colors, and they are some of the first things we are taught when we are little. But what if we are not all seeing the same colors, there would be no way to tell. For example, if someone saw pink where others see green, they would have been taught that the color they are seeing IS green. Where everyone else sees green, they see pink, but based off what they have been taught, they are seeing "green". Just the idea that everyone could be seeing the world in different colors is freaky. And there is no way to check if they see the same color becuase they would think the color they are seeing is the actual color (does that sentence makes sense?).

#5 Jonathan, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  6. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i never thought about any of this but its kind of interesting

also my health teacher once told me when our brains/ eyes see something it sees it unside down and that our mind flips it so we see it correctly. or something like that.

7. Omg, I know what you're talking about! What also freaks me out is the fact that we don't actually see the object itself, we're just seeing light bouncing off of everything; therefore, half the stars in space could be gone right now and we wouldn't know for several million years. What if none of the stars exist anymore? :confused:

I have also thought about "What if we're plugged in to the Matrix?" That's a scary thought. That's why I rely on sound and intuition as much as I rely on sight. Sight seems like a very easy sense to fool, relative to intuition.

Oh! And colors! What if, for example, those white houses aren't really white, but some color we can't see, so they just look white to us? Grass isn't green; it's a fluorescent (some new color). :confused:

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

what if clear really isnt clear?

9. musican

That's true; it makes sense to me. How do we know that the things that we see are the way they're supposed to look, we've never seen any different and we never will (unless you lose your eyesight and get glasses that is). It makes me think about The Eye when Jessica Alba's character finds that she can see the spirits and wonders if that's what other people see too.

10. ^That movie is weird XD

11. Markio

There's also a movie called They Live, about aliens that look just like humans unless you wear a special pair of sunglasses that reveals them for what they are. It's pretty freaky.

12. Blaz

Blaz Guest

LOL, it's a tiny taste of my everyday thoughts. . .

You're definitely not alone, but I don't think there is much worth freaking out about. To me it's more of a sign that there really is more to people, places, and things than meets the eye(Stupid TRANSFORMERS).

13. Trystan

yeah I get exactly what you mean, I think about it all the time :grin: It's tiring sometimes though... I have a group I go to, all about this stuff, some kind of a cross between a Christian, Psychic and Science group. it's really interesting and we talk (and do stuff) for hours.
    I'm always thinking about the other ways to percieve what we think of as reality as well. If what we see isn't all there is, are there other ways of interacting with it that we can learn? Emotions are one way - we can influence the atmosphere in a room, or affect someone's attitude with it - what if we can learn to control that and create other ways? There is a lot more to reality than we think. Just take a look at things like String Theory :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. ColdSnap

erm, i think eyes are pretty :slight_smile:

15. Mickey

How about people that are color blind? I wonder why this is.
    I have a friend who can't tell the difference between blue & green,orange & red,etc.

16. Janvier

Ok Biisme, pass me that joint, you've had enough.
    Seems like some really good stuff too :lol:

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I totally understand what you mean so if you're smokin', I'm smokin' too. :roflmao:

Have you ever seen the movie What the Bleep Do You Know? Watch it, its good stuff.

18. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand where you're coming from. I have a similar thought on many time and I've got a feeling it's the same as your non-window one; we're not actuality seeing anything, it's just perceiving what our brains are registering with all the light coming into our eyes...

Yeah, it's weird, but meh, the human conscious is just too clever for it's own good, so we make life creepy on occasion >__<

#18 Rosina, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  19. James2612

This is a really interesting topic, and not as strange as you would think!

People have been questioning these things for many many hundreds of years. Some people "practise" seeing things that others can not.

If you look at the subject of Aura's then that is just one thing that not every one can see (yet some people can see)!! Some cameras can pick up auras and most people if concentrate can easily "Feel" and some times "See" their aura also!!

This sounds like a "Development Circle" - I also belong to a circle, but its none denominational - which is different to yours!!!

Its amazing what the mind can do!!!

20. littledinosaurs

very very interesting.