1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aromantic people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLittleWorld, Jul 5, 2015.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've heard some disrespectful things towards aromantic people, that they are heartless and they should just 'learn' how to love, that they are simply sluts who can never settle down, or that they just use you for sex (if they are not asexual) and then break your heart .

What is your opinion on this? some say aromantics don't even exist.

Personally, I wouldn't agree with that because I myself have aromantic tendencies.

2. timo

Some people also say asexuality doesn't exist, while I can safely say it does. Living proof right here.

So, while not being aromantic myself, I think it doesn't make sense to judge people for this. I can definitely understand that some people feel this way and are just 'not capable' of romantic feelings (this sounds worse than I mean it to be but I can't find the right words now sorry)

3. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's different opinions on what romance is. Some people say romance is a candlelit dinner or cute surprises, others say it's romantic to simply tell someone that they're beautiful or holding hands. It can even be romantic to know that your other half has had a long day so you subconsciously do the dishes for them. I'm sure there's a few weird birds out there, but TRUE aromantics are very, very, very, very few and far between. Someone may label themselves that, but most of them do something romantic in some fashion.

If you're dating me, you're not going to come home to candles and flower petals. I'm not going to bring you breakfast in bed. I'm not going to leave cheesy ass notes on your car. Some might consider that aromantic... but I'm not incapable of loving someone.

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A good way to view aromantic asexuality is as someone who doesnt focus their romantic energies on a single person but instead shares them among everyone they love. They can act as support for the family unit. They are similar to children betore puberty in the sense that they have a much stronger bond with the family and with their friends.

That's how I am at the moment, I care about others and want to make everyone around me happy. I'm perfectly content with never having a partner and I've never really cared about finding one. As I'm trans, I believe that my sexuality will change to romantic or sexual after I transition but at the moment I'm completely aromantic and asexual and I'm perfectly happy being one