1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When texting someone you are interested in

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suspector, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Suspector

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me and this guy have been talking but he is strange in the way he texts. it is kinda annoying. So regardless of who starts the texting, I don't reply right away to texts all the time. Sometimes I do, but sometimes I will forget to answer because I am doing something, whether it is about to work out, or at my families, or something, so sometimes a few hours go by and then I will text. at which point, he'll text me a day later, or days later, or none at all if I am delayed in anyway. He is more interested in me I feel like because he is overly enthusiastic when he does text, and he replies right away every time until I don't reply right away. Isn't that strange?

Is that a sign of someone with issues or no?

I feel like he is one of those people that because they don't get attention right away they reject said person for a little bit because they feel rejected.

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly that kinda sounds like me!

Usually for me I do it because I feel like if you can wait such amount of time to text me back I can do the same to you...Idk it just makes me feel like if you have more important things to do then so do I Im sure that probably doesn't make the best sense but that's the best way I can explain it

3. Emmanuella

Yeah... I've noticed that a few of my friends have done that. I don't think it is a sign of *issues*. Maybe a small insecurity??

But not texting back for *days* is ridiculous, especially if you only took a couple of hours to respond. I don't like the digital/text era for this reason. We have no breathing space when it is needed.

4. Psaurus918

Maybe you guys just happen to catch each other at bad times? Sometimes I'll get a text from someone hours later and by then I'm busy.

I don't think you should judge someone based solely on how they respond to texts, it's hard to get a good idea of their personality.

5. Suspector

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

See that sounds insecure. and sort of like you would be someone who views it as sort of a game. It's not about being more or less important, it's just about being caught up in something in the moment, like reality. It's not that I am always texting back late, just sometimes

---------- Post added 5th Jul 2015 at 11:38 PM ----------

Okay so you agree with me! It is a little strange regarding texting back days later. He didn't text me back at all yet since yesterday after I was with family for 4th, and took awhile ckto respond to him initially, like 3-4 hours. we aren't dating or anything, it's not like the conversation is urgent for reply. But he hasn't texted me back yet and I guarantee I will get a text tomorrow or the next day where he is resuming the conversation. That just gives me a strange vibe