1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay is annoying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ToneDef, Jul 5, 2015.

1. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

So, I like being gay, but having discovered(?) this about myself recently and not being out yet, I'm hitting obstacles I haven't ever had to deal with before. I've been single for a while and I'm slowly but surely getting over it and most people that I talk to know about the situation. Everyone keeps telling me "You'll find a nice girl who will make you feel good again." "You should ask this girl out." People keep pointing out attractive girls at work and as pretty as I think a lot of them are, that's all I can think about them. I wish I was just out and not so shy about it so people would stop doing that. My best friend will talk about how hot some actress is, or some of our managers, etc, and you can even hear in my voice that I'm not interested. And it's not like I'm lying and saying that I find them attractive. I know I can't blame them for doing it, but it's still really frustrating. :bang:
    That's not the only barrier I've come across, but it's one hell of an itch I've been wanting to scratch.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to have these thoughts or come across a situation like this. Anyone out there with any interesting, relatable stories?

2. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that is exactly how I feel about this. It's really annoying how people keep asking me about girls, or when people keep talking about it with me. It's not that I don't like being gay, I actually love it, but it does get annoying at times. One time someone in my family asked if I had a girlfriend, and I said, "No, I'm not looking for a girlfriend" and they thought I said that because I had a bad experience with girls in the past, when in reality, I'm just not into girls. Yes, it is annoying, but that's what happens. We're only human.

3. Suspector

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being gay for me is annoying because most of the guys I come across are obsessive, and don't understand the concept of taking things slow. I've noticed I become very disinterested in relationships with men because of this for periods of time

4. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

My family did that to me at our July 4th get together this year. My last (and final) relationship (with a girl) didn't end well for me and, of course, they all had to hear about what happened. So, I got to sit through that sore subject AGAIN and then get smothered in comments like "Oh, you'll find a nice girl." I want a boy xP Lol

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2015 at 03:58 AM ----------

I would imagine that would be really annoying and I can see why it'd be so easy to be disinterested. This is the first time I've been disinterested in general for a while in pursuing a relationship. Now that I want a boyfriend, getting back out and meeting someone is going to be different. But I'm excited! for when I get there x) I just hope I don't come across people like that. I've been in relationships like that. No bueno.

5. Suspector

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, well, you most likely will. Every guy I have hooked up (maybe 5 guys in total) and some i've just talked to, still hit me up multiple times a year after I tell them I am no longer interested. It is extremely annoying. I've had 1 guy attempt to blackmail me to hook up with him again, and I've also had to deal with another guy hitting me up from different numbers, constantly asking me why I won't date him, after blocking, re-blocking, etc.. it's ridiculous and scary. I've never had this problem with women when I was younger. It's creepy. In return I am sometimes overly cautious.

6. Cider

Well, unless you actually tell the person you're gay, it's not very fair to get annoyed at them for trying to cheer you up by saying "you'll find another girl one day" etc. Even though I understand how tiring it can really be.

I live in a small town, so finding anyone, let alone guys, is a huge task. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: