1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut... Or Not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LesbianAngel, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LesbianAngel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, I am debating a situation at the moment. I want to cut my hair in a pixie style. The problem is, I've had my hair long ever since the first grade, and also my mom probably won't let me but I have a way to get around that. I was wondering if anybody has any opinion to make on this because this is a big decision for me to make because last year, I was trying to grow out my hair and now I'm planning on cutting it all off.

Does anybody have a pixie have a pixie style haircut? I would really like some extra opinions on this. :help:

The picture down bellow would be kind of what I'm going for... Only Brown hair, not blond. And the two pictures with it is my hair now. Please, I need some opinions on this. This is not a decision I can make on my own.

Attached Files:

#1 LesbianAngel, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a pixie cut would suit you.

I had my hair cut short sometime ago, but I've grown it out again, and it's shoulder-length now. I've been like this my whole life though. I'd have my hair long, then want to cut it shorter, or just short, only to want it long again a few months/years down the line. Hopefully that was the last time I cut it short. I'd only cut it short again when I'm much older, and almost completely grey :grin: Not everybody can rock long grey hair. I know of one woman but that's about it. Anyway, you sound quite sure that a pixie cut is what you want, so I say go for it. Own it. :thumbsup:

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to prefer long hair. But, then again, I'm not attracted to women. I still think it looks better in general. Pixie haircuts (had to google it) always appear fairly boyish to me, so if you wish to appear less feminine, I would go that way.

4. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

A pixie cut doesn't have to mean looking less feminine. I think a pixie cut can bring out the feminine features in some. Though of course it is a matter of ones taste.

Personally I think a pixie cut is quite cute on some people. And OP, if you want to cut your hair I think you should, hair grows back after all :slight_smile:

5. BiKate

Honestly, if you want to do it, then do it. If you hate it, your hair will grow back anyway. But maybe take a couple more weeks to think about it. I think you'd look good either way, but just to be sure I'd wait.

I like pixie cuts, but they don't really suit my curly, frizzy hair.

6. DeJe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for it! You won't know until you try...and if you don't like it, just grow it back out. I have been growing my hair and then chopping it off for many many years. It's fun to play with different styles. My advice: go to an experienced professional. They can help you determine what would look good depending on your face shapes and features and hair type.

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it. Hair grows back, and at the very least, you'll have fun shocking your friends.

8. Vashta Nerada

I'd agree with the above posters saying to go for it, worse case scenario you'll have some funny pictures to laugh at in a few years.
    If you're nervous about the jump to such short hair you could always try a shorter, if less drastic, style until you're sure though?

9. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had my hair really short and I've had it really long. There are pros and cons to both. Here's my experience:

Pixie cuts
    Pros:
    -easy to style
    -dries super fast after you shower
    -get compliments all the time (because you're "so brave to have short hair")
    -keeps you cool in summer
    -minimal hat hair in winter​
    Cons:
    -can't do as many fancy styles
    -sometimes decides to stick up funny
    -if you fall asleep with wet hair, you wake up looking like an anime character
    -have to get it cut like every month
    Long hair
    Pros:
    -can style lots of ways
    -fun to play with
    -don't have to get it cut often​
    Cons:
    -takes forever to dry
    -always in your face unless you pull it back
    -winter hats + ponytails :frowning2:

In the end, I really loved having short hair, but it got a bit expensive to keep getting haircuts, so I let it grow. Probably going to get it cut short again because I miss it.

I think it would look good on you and it sounds like something you've put a lot of thought into.