1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Does a Good Smile Do For You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Eh?

For me, a great smile can do a lot. And I'm not talking pallor of teeth, but more genuine warm smiles with sparkly eyes. *melts*

Like, for example Ellen Degeneres. Like, I think she looks pretty good, but I'm not stunned by her, except for when she smiles <3 She has such a great smile.

So how about you people, eh?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Depends on the situation. One time I was at the grocery store, checking my items out & the bagger girl look quite attractive & I was unaware that I was staring at her. We locked eyes, and she smiled. I smiled back but looked away almost immediately.:lol:

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It can do a lot for me. Also having just 1 nice little compliment can make my day.

4. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I true smile can be so uplifting!

Now, how often do I get those? Once in a blue moon, but still it makes me feel great.

5. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, whenever I make a fake smile; it's not long before it becomes a real one. :slight_smile:

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't really trust smiles, instead I look within.

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had many crushes in my lifetime, but all of them were started with the person flashing me their pearly whites. Genuine smiles turn me to complete goo :grin:

I could write an five page essay on my love of full-face smiles, and the way crow's feet and dimples give me heart palpitations, but I don't have time for that today.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I've never understood the appeal. I get nothing from it.

And for that matter I'd have a hard time differentiating "good" and "bad" smiles. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If I'm the one causing the smile, say, from a compliment or a small gift, yeah, I love it.

A soft blush on the cheeks is a wonderful bonus, too.

I like to think one of the most lovely things is, making somebody you have good vibes towards, smile and feel better.

10. junbow92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A smile can do some much for yourself and the people around you. There was this guy at the Gym and even though I wanted to get closer to him and speak to him I just couldn't bring myself to because he always seemed so serious and a bit terrifying. Just one of those really strong presences.

But that one day I just gathered all the courage to give him one lasting look and I was shocked to see how we locked eyes and his face almost illuminated showing me one beautiful smile and suddenly it was like a new world for me. Sounds kinda silly but yeah >.<

11. Feline

Feline Guest

A single warm and true smile can change my whole day. It is more powerful if the person it comes from is someone I love, or like, or have a crush on, yes... even more of that person loves me back. But just a stranger passing by and giving me a warm smile is enough to give me a reason to live another day, to believe in humanity. That's how much it can do for me. <3

12. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A nice genuine smile can make my day a bit better and just puts me in a really good mood. I usually think about it and just looking back on it can remind me that there are true, genuinely nice people.

When I'm smiling, most of the time it's genuine. There are times where whenever I see someone like a friend or family member I instantly start to smile and it's like I have no control over it, it's just happens.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, a genuine smile, and little things such as compliments go a long way. It's even more special when someone's smiling at you.
    Even just a stranger, it can mean a lot. They're even more special coming from the people you love.
    Hehe~
    I had this moment with my girlfriend. We were on a bus for an hour and I was very tired and unknowingly fell sleep on her lap. I woke up for a second because my leg fell asleep, and without turning my head, I looked up at her. She was petting my head and smiling with her eyes closed, and it was so beautiful. I turned my head and she noticed and looked at me and smiled wider, kissing me on the forehead. It was a really adorable moment. Her smiles mean a lot to me

Mostly, I'm genuine when I smile. In some cases, like when I'm talking to someone I don't like or a teacher I can be fake. But I like to smile genuinely at people, it's a great feeling when they smile back at me.

#13 loveislove01, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone's smile is probably what I find most attractive about them. And I've been tol my smile is my best feature, too.

15. jjxd1004

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    for me, a great smile should always be paired with great eyes. and when I see a person do that.. I'd automatically do the same. Happiness is contageous, well, real ones are. Haha

16. Cider

It does a lot! I fall in love with smiles a lot.

17. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What do you want?
    or
    What did you do and are about to laugh about?

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get a little something from it, but not all that much.

The way I differentiate "good" and "bad" smiles is by any comments, sounds, body language, and other indicators that go with them. There was a woman I worked with who had the most fake smile, the most fake pleasantries, and the readiest "knife" (for one's back, that is). I could tell fairly quickly it was all a big put on. I then came to learn other employees had the same perception of her.

What I think is cool is dimples, because they're kind of rare. When the smile goes on, and it sets off the dimples, I'm noticing the dimples. That doesn't mean I like the person. It just means I like their dimples.

19. Suspector

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    doesn't do shit if it's yellow

20. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A smile from someone immediately lifts my mood, especially when I've had a bad day. I try to smile at random people, and so far have gotten only one or two sour pusses but the majority of the people smile back, and I know I have given them a little bit of my happiness, which is a good feeling.

That said, a smile from someone I cannot stand does the exact opposite. There's this one guy at work who has a "please punch me" face and we've had our fair share of fallouts, and when he greets me and smiles, I'm immediately pissed off. But once he leaves, I feel ok again. Just thinking about him pisses me off. Pssshhht, fucking idiot :dry:

In general I try to always smile, though I've been told by random people that I look too serious lol. Usually when I'm lost in thought or in a hurry.