1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Part of EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerBoy17, Jul 8, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Empty Closets is a great site for support and just general chit chat like this. So what do you enjoy most about it?

I personally love seeing a new poster ask question and get replies almost instantly. This often surprises the newcomers and it makes me smile inside knowing that we are helping others, especially since I was once in that terrified newcomer position.

I also enjoy having intelligent conversations that I couldn't usually have in my regular life. Everyone here is so respectful and kind.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reasons you've mentioned. Also, I like having the support that I don't get in real life - friends where there are none. It helps me work through my problems and have advice from people who have been through the same/similar situations. Plus it's fun to meet and interact with all these different kinds of people. It's really opened my mind to a whole other world.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love that I can completely be myself (not just the sexuality part) and not be judged or feel weird. I love that people "get me" and all the fun threads people make:slight_smile:

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The comedians of ec.

5. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The chatroom tbh. You directly interact with a lot more people, and they're all cleared as full members, which is nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you wanted a more abstract answer however, I would have to say the fun banter and silly discussions we have. Sometimes it's hard to see beneath all the controversial posts, but then you get something like the Pineapple on Pizza thread, or any number of silly posts which are just chock-full of sarcasm.

#5 Batman, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of the above to be honest.

It's a place where I can be serious or silly. Where I can give advice and get advice. Where nobody looks down on each other if their sexuality or gender differs from yours. It's a place where I can feel like I belong, and a place to make wonderful online friends from all over the world.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    For me it's all the amazing people I meet <(^ . ~)>

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, Im with Becki here! :grin: LOTS of amazing people here! And Becki is one of them :grin:

9. Posthuman666

Agreed!

10. guitar

Getting to meet & interact with all stripes of LGBT people I would never get to meet in my daily life. You've all taught me so much :slight_smile:

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the amount of dissection and analysis that goes on here is so much more than I could possibly have in any other way, shape, or form at this current time. I no longer have that friend that I could go on road trips with and talk the whole way about all these scenarios and he was also funny because we'd repeat great lines ("protect me, baby," from that one story I posted), acronyms like GMASS, and here's another one - FFH. He and I were in another city and popped into a matinee and saw "Far from Heaven." It was a great movie. It was really convincing. When there's the encounter his wife witnesses, actor Dennis Quaid is with a handsome guy around his age. Toward the end of the movie, he is on the phone with his estranged wife and there's a much, much younger guy lounging in the room. I quietly said to my friend, "I give that 6 months." He said, "Maybe 4." Then, whenever we saw what looked like impossible pairings, we'd say "FFH." The friendship fell apart because of extended family issues and not because he and I didn't get along, because we got along great. So, a lot of people on here and the discussions here remind me of that friend and a few rare others like him.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Meeting new people, no contest. I've had the privilege of getting to know a few truly special people and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

13. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Hm, my favorite part would be the thigh. Isn't EC an acronym for "Enticing Chickens"?

14. Ashley2103