1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on "straight pride"???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SirPandacorn, Jul 10, 2015.

1. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally thinks its okay to be proud of being straight but like having stuff like gay pride does I don't really agree with. Like nobody is kicked out of their house for being straight, nobody commits suicide for being straight, nobody is bullied for liking opposite sex. I just feel like its our way of celebrating who we are after so long of being discriminated against and currently still are. I'm definitely not against straight people because the only difference between us is we prefer same sex relationships or whatever. But like when people think get annoyed and ask why they can't have straight pride stuff when gay people shove gay pride down their throats, it just really bothers me because like 99.9% of movies and TV shows contain mostly straight relationships and everywhere you turn there some guy showing some form of affection to a girl. We lived our whole lives getting told gay is wrong and straight is right and now that gay is starting to be seen as OK I think we deserve a little bit of rainbow shit (sorry for the language) to parade around in and be fabulous as fu---. So if Ur straight you do get to have pride. Its called like 99.9% of media and public and everything and I'm fine with that so please be fine with rainbow parades filled with fabulous and loving breathing people who humans to. OK I'm gonna end this cuz I'm really off topic now but just wondering how everyone feels about people wanting to have straight pride thing like how we have gay pride... thing... idk just answer my extremely long post about whatever this is. Also I'm really sorry about how long this thread is. So here's a hug to hopefully make you not hate me. (*hug*)

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

"Straight pride" is every day, though. Unless you tell them specifically that you are gay and do so repeatedly, they are constantly pressuring you to talk about women with them. When you do say you're gay, you'll be beleaguered with a half-hour long lecture on how good "pussy" is and how you really ought to "at least try it." They have posters plastered everywhere of straight couples french-kissing in the Gone with the Wind style.

They read storybooks about "pretty princesses and handsome princes" to their toddlers. If I even dared read a book about "The romance of two princes," I'd be tarred, feathered and carried out on a rail.

Think about it: a beautiful, blonde-haired son of a blacksmith...a total stud with a broad, honest face, and he has a magic touch with animals...falls into a cursed sleep because his one true love's angry and homophobic aunt, who is also a wicked witch, felt that her nephew ought to concentrate on producing an heir. Just for good measure, she turns her nephew into, hmm, a ferret and holds him prisoner, but with the help of a sympathetic maid and a band of helpful fairies, he escapes, breaks both spells, and lives happily ever after with his one true love.

If you suggested putting it on the shelf, straight people would freak out, and they would call it "perverse." They would have lengthy discussions on whether or not it's "really appropriate" for children, and getting them to understand that it's no different at all from what children are soaked with constantly anyway...I mean, The Little Mermaid's chief protagonist wore absolutely not a thing but a bikini-top and was a dang houri. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she was intended as a sex-object. You would never get them to acknowledge that it's a double-standard. They really don't notice how much borderline EROTICA they are soaking their children with.

Heck, as cheesy and badly made as Frozen was, at least they addressed the idea that the "handsome prince" who falls instantly "in love" might actually be a selfish jerk if they're not careful. Young women need to know these things. It's one of the few movies that aren't all about heteronormativity reinforcement.

We need "Gay Pride" because it's assumed, unless you say otherwise, that you are straight. The presumptuousness is universal. Society doesn't bother teaching children about gay people, so when they grow up, they have trouble comprehending the fact that gay people even exist. We even have to point it out several times to the same person before they get it. Pride is an affirmation that we are not going to be kept invisible, and it's also an attempt to educate people.

#2 Christiaan, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  3. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree, when i was a kid, i would want to watch rupauls drag race, but my mom insisted and told me "gay is wrong and men wearing dresses is wrong and will get you sent to hell because its a sin and sinners deserve to be punished." that is why to this day i draw rainbow flags, transgender symbols, and record stuff like, becoming us, transgender children, and when this 15th comes, i am jazz. lgbt people deserve to have parades and we deserve to shove our stuff down straight peoples throats because we have been opressed, murdered, beaten, burned, and bullied so much that we feel the need to have all of our pride stuff. if straight people had the same past we did and we switched places to where lgbt stuff is the norm and cis/straight people were bullied, burned, murdered, and opressed. they would do the same thing we are doing, but they feel the need to be part of us because they think we think we are special and are better that them so they try to ruin gay pride and take it for them selves and turn it into straight pride

#3 Anastaisa_Lynn_14, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

"Oh shut the hell up."

5. Burnedcloset

6. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't mind it if they have a straight pride thing. I'm just not sure how they'll go about celebrating it... Perhaps the antithesis of a gay pride would be people walking in a parade wearing no colour without dancing or music...

Let them heterosexuals do what they want, as long as it doesn't bother other sexual minorities, it's not an issue for me.

7. Void Puppy

I think everyone should be proud of their sexuality, not just the LGBT community c:

8. Van

Van

I think straights need to have their Straight pride parade, too!

Oh, wait... it's a straight pride parade everywhere, every day... :icon_wink

9. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm...
    I dont see why they shouldn't have straight pride.
    But being straight in heteronormative society doesn't make you minority, and it certainly wont get you in to any trouble or drive you into self destructive patten. Being gay on the other hand is frustrating most of the time for some people mainly because of social discrimination.

10. Im Hazel

If they did it without being homophobic, maybe. But all "straight pride" events are terrible, homophobic, discriminatory events

11. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care if people are straight, but I just don't want them to be a hetero around me and be all up in my face.

JOKING. For reals though, straight pride is all the time. People that say straight pride are fucking idiots. 100% of people going around saying that are doing so to take a strike at the LGBT community. If you go around saying "WHITE PRIDE" people are going to think you're a racist and a prick. Same deal applies here.

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They parade everyday. Good for them.

13. Pie

Pie Guest

Once again the straight agenda is being shoved down our throats. I don't agree with choosing heterosexuality. The Holy Babble says that "Thy shall not have straight sex for that is an abomination." and I stand by the Holy Babble as it is the word of GOD. Straight pride should be illegal because it's gross. Think of the children!

14. timo

Every day is straight pride.

Though, the day after Gay Pride here, it took me some time getting used to seeing only straight couples again :lol:

15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like other people have already pointed out, every day is straight pride.

16. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yup^

Christiaan said it best, I think.

And YuriCore seconded it good and proper ^_^

Straight people don't need straight pride. We do.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They have it everyday. And just as you said they don't get kicked out of there house for it, they don't commit suicide because of it either.

18. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tbh i don't give a shit

19. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a proud gay ally of straight people. Straight pride FTW!

Ok in all honesty, I am still trying to get over my heterophobia. Why should I support the people who think that there is something wrong with me and are overpopulating the world? I guess I am just a nice person like that.

20. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Really, who cares about the whole "straight pride" thing? It's not like gay "pride" is any special either. I'm sorry but it just looks more like a freak show event in my eyes. With the way people dress and act, I don't blame "homophobes" for being the way they are.