1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on: Body Modification

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryu, Jul 11, 2015.

?

Whaf do you think of body modification?

1. I think body mods are cool and would definitely get some.

23 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. I think some body mods are okay and might get some.

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. I have no real opinion on them.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. I don't hate them, but I wouldn't get them myself.

29 vote(s)
    39.7%
  5. I can't stand them and they're all outrageously stupid.

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Ryu

Ryu

Well... As somewhat taboo topics pop up here from time to time, I've discovered it's both entertaining and enlightening to see peoples stance on these kinds of things. By 'Body Modification', I'm talking about the extreme stuff and more subtle stuff like piercings.

I have kinda had a bit of a facsination with body mods. I personally would never go farther than ear piercings and occasionally dabble in flesh embroidery (which I have done in the past), but nothing more than that. I think that the majority of body mods are either stupid or dangerous, and only a few are worth while to do, as most of them stick there and don't 'fix' over time, or cost loads to have undone. Ear piercings I might get, but probably not because I don't really get the point of them, but I do alot of body stitching for the simple reason that they can be removed quickly and heals quickly, and as they can be done quickly as well as removed quickly, it's actually a pretty good way of passing half an hour or so.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Their body, their choice.

That being said, the only mod I might ever get is a Tatoo, and the chances of that aren't too likely. But still a possibility.

3. Truth teller

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've got eight ear piercings...I had nine...a tragus piercing but I fukked it up...I had to get surgery.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

People can do whatever they want, but I don't really like them.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Like others have said, folks can do as they please in regards to this, but I'll be totally frank here:

Some folks cannot rock certain piercings or tattoos. But those who can, oh yeah, it's a nice little addition.

In regards to me, nothing pierced or inked. I have tattoo ideas, though, but there is a lot of stuff that takes priority over getting inked.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought you meant plastic surgery or something lol.
    For piercings and tattoos, I wouldn't mind some ear piercings, maybe even nose, but nowhere else and I wouldn't get tattoos. I currently have three on one ear lobe, two on the other. I want to get a cartilage pierced on one ear in the future. My dad said it'd look slutty or something.

I think they're fine, and have nothing against people who have multiple piercings/tattoos

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm already modded, and I plan on getting a lot more down the line. There are some modifications that aren't my cup of tea, but I have no problem with other people getting them assuming they won't cause any detrimental issues later on.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hit or miss for me. I can like some types of earrings on CERTAIN guys like stud type earrings, but certainly not the stretching hole ones when they get large. I also like nipple piercings fairly often and they can be a turn on. I'd consider nipple piercings (but probably will never get them) but I don't think I'd get or consider earrings myself xP I find tattoes attractive sometimes, but not to the extreme. Moderation seems to be the key, and what look good reallt varies by person for me. Oh, and I can't stand those litte stud nose earrings. They just... Make me angry haha. I don't know why.

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about by body modifications when you say stitching and stuff... Doubt I'd like that.

Honesty though even if I like pierced ears of tattoos sometimes, it would turn me off from dating you (mostly if visible). You wouldn't be as easy to bring home. (;

But, in general, it's not really my business what other people do if I don't plan to get involved with them, so I try to let people do what makes them happy. It would be a lie if I said I don't judge people with EXTREME modifications though.

#8 Austin, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  9. Formality

I have my ears pierced but that's about it. I might get a septum piercing some time in the future. Nipple piercings can be really hot, but I probably wouldn't get them myself. I think tattoos can be very cool as well, but i don't think I'd get one any time soon because I easily get tired of stuff, I feel like I'd regret a tattoo.

10. ApexxShadow

It's their body, so let them do what they want :slight_smile:. I think when I'm older I may consider getting some

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd go for some tattoo and few piercing. But that's it, nothing beyond that

12. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ew, no. I hate any type of body mutilation. I think that it makes people look trashy and it's definitely not appealing. Whenever I see a good looking girl with a tattoo or piercing or whatever, all I can think about is what a shame that she had to get them. It definitely ruins the person's look.

13. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought by that you meant like plastic surgery (which I don't condone unless you're like a burn victim or suffer any other deformity/ problem).
    Now, when it comes to piercings and tattoos just please don't go all maria jose cristerna. Otherwise I son't mind at all. In fact I wouldn't mind getting a small ear pearcing.

14. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I only have my ears pierced and I definitely want more.
    And same for tattoos (except I don't have any yet).

15. Lipstick Leuger

I have several piercings, and 3 tatts. I would NEVER date or consider dating a person without at least one piercing or tatt. I have found that people who don't have at least one of the above, are either judgemental, or to uptight/religious for my taste. They usually are a bit high and mighty about how I will 'regret' them at some point in my life(I am 46 and still no regrets) or use it to judge who I am as a person. (such as can't be trusted, cheap or unlawful). I have seen postings on other sites about this topic and they go on and on about how you can't trust people with tatts or piercings, that they are unreliable or various other sundries. That tells me ALL I need to know about the non modification crowd.

16. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is okay if the person is aware of any risks and agrees to get it.
    I would like to get peirced ears, but I will most likely not ever because of what my parents have said they will do if I get that.
    Functional ones would be great, like a mini circadia, nfc chip, rfid chip, bottlenose implant, and magnetic implants, I would not tell my parents about it because they think qr codes are the mark of the beast.
    I would like to have a tattoo or maybe nfc chip when possible listing my name, and allergies so if anything every happens to me and I am unconscious(and that tells what you can and cannot do).
    I have given myself two magnetic implants, both came out (one I took out due to fear), it helped a lot when someone mowed a bag of bolts whe mowing the yard.

The only ones I do not want to see on anyone I do not know are transdermal spikes or blades which could hurt me or someone else.

#16 PerfectlyNormal, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one tattoo already, and am planning on getting a few more as well, including a Pride related one. If people think it looks "trashy", it only goes to show me that there needs to be a lot more acceptance of tattoos/other body modifications in society as well as corporate America and the workforce.

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyone's look is designed to be appealing to you personally. I also think you should consider the role piercings and tattoos play in many cultures and not just dismiss their practices as "trashy" and "mutilating". It's highly disrespectful to a lot of people who simply like how they look with modifications and to those who consider their modifications a massive part of their expression of identity.

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2015 at 12:56 PM ----------

The option I'd like (I think body modifications can be amazing but have no interest in getting any) isn't available.

19. I like pierced ears and tattoos. But nothing more than that!

Body mods aren't really a requirement for dating. It's just whatever to me. However I'd get them too :slight_smile:

20. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love piercings and tattoos. Although, like others have said, certain things, certain people, it just doesn't work for me, but in general, hell yes. I have 5 piercings, all in my ears, and 3 tattoos. I'd love to get a subdermal nape piercing, and recently I've been thinking about gauging my ears (nothing too extreme, like maybe a 2g/6mm, nothing bigger than 0g). I'm absolutely getting more tattoos, my next one is going to be a half-sleeve.

I used to work with a guy that had some more extreme body mods. He had scarification on his face (the Joker scars) and an implant in his hand (some religious symbol). It was definitely a 'wtf/no' kinda thing, but that's also coming from one teacher of small children in rural Japan to another.