1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pagan Gays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by James2612, Dec 16, 2008.

1. James2612

Hey,

Just interested to see how many Pagans there are on this forum. If not a "Pagan" any one that is spiritually oriented!!!

Cheers
    James

2. Derek the Wolf

Depends what you define as pagan. I'm a spiritual person though.
    PM me if you wanna talk about it.

3. jazzrawr

I'm sort of a mix between Wiccan, Pagan and agnostic. I'm more spiritual than religious, but Paganism fascinates me.

4. James2612

Technically, any one that isnt one of the main religions are considered pagan, so if you are wiccan then you are pagan - - But there are differences!!

I am spiritual, and dont really call myself a pagan (technically i am) but i use the word pagan as it encompasses so many!!! lol

I have a theory about psychic/mediums & gay people. Its very hard to explain but due to polarity it is much easier for gay people to "Learn" these arts. Also you will see that many many (if not most) mediums/psychics are gay!!!
    So i thought this would be a great place to "Test" the theory!! lol

Any way "Merry Yule Time" for any pagans here!!!

5. Hoppip

I'm not Pagan. I did have a Wiccan friend, however, whom I respected very much because of her dedication and true understanding of the religion. I would personally consider myself highly Agnostic in the sense that religion and faith are nothing that I actively pursue; however, I do not cast down faith, in the same way that I do not indulge in it. I find that faith is very low on my scale of personal identity and priorities.

I do believe that Paganism is a very respectable religion, and my reason for posting here is to advocate my support for it. Unfortunately, I know little about it, but there's always things to learn!

Oh, and also, some trivia for non-Pagans: Christmas came from a Pagan holiday, it was taken over by the historical Christians in order to convert Pagans and defame Paganism.

(Or so I've heard. Something along those lines.)

^_^

#5 Hoppip, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  6. jazzrawr

That's true, Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus in Christianity but Jesus wasn't really born on December the 25th. I think he was born in the summer; that's what I read. Almost all the religious Christian symbols and holidays are taken from other, older religions.

7. James2612

Weldone, not many people realise this.
    Before the Christians came along people (the pagans) celebrated the rebirth of the sun king (yule time) on the shortest day of the year (that used to be 25th December) and when the Christians took over they used pagan holidays to kinda stomp out paganism. Jesus was born in august some time!!!

Nearly every single symbol or celebration was originally pagan - but stolen by the Christians!! Its sad really, but it is funny when you see Christians saying that pagans worship the devil and then see them celebrating pagan traditions with different names!!! lol

I could name hundreds of symbols and traditions of the Christians that was originally pagan - - But i wont bore you all...... lol

8. Meropspusillus

True mostly, except the Winter Solstice has never been on the 25th. It's the 20th of December.

Easter also has lots of Pagan roots (Spring Equinox)

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even in the broad spectrum of what constitutes as "paganism", I don't fit into most of it and I'm not really trying to. Spirituality just seems...manufactured to me. Especially the really wild 'new-age' spiritualism, I just can't help but chuckle.

10. It's interesting as well that Christians worship on Sunday, when Saturday is the last/seventh day of the week on US calendars, and should be the "real" Sabbath. Although I can't remember if that was another thing Christians took from pagans or if I'm just making it up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm wiccan

#11 metkigro, Dec 16, 2008
  12. James2612

Originally Yule (winter Solstice) would have been on the 25th, as that was the shortest day of the year. This year it falls on the 21st.

Your right about Easter and its pagan roots!!
    Most of Christianity has pagan roots!! Even the "Holy Trinity" has its pagan back ground!!!

#12 James2612, Dec 16, 2008
  13. James2612

I totally agree...... There are very few down to earth spiritualists out there!
    This is one of the reasons i dont associate with spiritism or spiritualism..... how ever they can give you a laugh at different conventions or on some forums!! Some are just bonkers!!!

This is one of the reasons why paganism and a like are not always taken seriously!!!

14. Trystan

I'm christian, not religious (as in I don't treat it like a religion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and really spiritual - a group of us from church have a Psychic group. Most of the church would freak out if they knew but... they don't.
    Also, most of my friends are agnostic but really questioning - and they have been since I started looking into Psychic/spiritual phenomena and whatever goes with it :grin:

15. James2612

That sounds interesting... I also belong to a development circle, but its non denominational so no religion at all, but you can still have yoru own religion... if get my drift!!

Out of curiosity, what do you do in your circle? Do you have a person with experience to lead or do you all just muck in?

16. Hoppip

Hmm... Actually... I rescind my previous comment about not really having a faith. I think my faith lies hidden and underrepresented in my personal stance on the importance of moral integrity.

I guess I like being a good person, and I don't need an organized religion to tell me how (no offense implied). Besides, I can rewrite my own rules as I see fit.

I'd love to learn more about spiritualism, though. I think it's foreignness undervalues its validity in the eyes of strangers. :\

17. James2612

This is very true.... also there is a lot of false information out there also. This information is made by people that dont want every one to know the truth, also by people that write books on their ideas as if it is fact!! It can be a very hard job to determine the fact from the fiction!!!

But if you really are interested in learning more, there are soooo many different books on many different subjects!! Also you could look at finding a group that has the same interests in your area!! Also there are many forums that have great information!!

18. Nixon

Reform Judaism

19. James2612

What do you mean?

20. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm wiccan myself