1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy deleted my Facebook Comment for No reason

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I made friends with a gay guy and I wrote a comment on a beautiful picture of his, First one said, "The boy who has you is so lucky cause you are so beautiful and cute."

Is there anything wrong with this comment at all, No I don't think so. I know he has a boyfriend, I don't know the boy's name, and yet this supposed friend deleted my comment for no reason at all. Then I wrote a second comment after realizing the first one was deleted. This one had a more humorous take on it, It was pretty much me saying shake your hips and get out on the catwalk boy.

Anything wrong with this one. No yet again he deletes it, so I unfriended him because he is being a complete bitch. I messaged him what was the reason he deleted those comments after unfriending him, I have no doubt that he is not going to respond.

It seems like he hates me for some reason, because I'm not even being mean to him and yet he is just deleting my comments and not answering me when I'm messaging him something like "Hello."

Did I make the right decision unfriending him on facebook.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The two reasons I can think of:
    *His boyfriend is insecure
    *I haven't seen his wall, so I don't know if he's out on facebook. While hes out and has a bf in real life, maybe he has family that don't know on facebook? And comments from a guy might cause questions?

3. AKTodd

Hm. Bearing in mind that I don't use FB - so YMMV...

It's possible that his boyfriend is the jealous type. It's possible he has family members seeing his FB and doesn't want them seeing those kinds of comments. It's possible he has some kind of emotional baggage that made him not like your comments. It's possible that he simply didn't find your comment appropriate for the kind of picture that was posted. You way it was a 'beautiful' picture, but was it the kind of picture that might be expected to draw the kind of comments you were making? Were other people making similar comments?

If it was a beefcake or provocative pic that would be one thing. But if it was just a normal pic (even of him in a bathing suit or something) and you made those kinds of comments, he might find it kind of creepy.

One thing I'm not clear on here is what you mean by saying you 'made friends with' this person. Does this mean that you actually got to know them as a person? Gained some level of mutual respect and admiration for each other? Shared experiences (both good and bad) together and helped each other through them? Or did you each just basically make a few mouse-clicks on Facebook and that was that?

If you wanted to find out why he deleted your comments, unfriending him before you asked is probably not the most effective way to do that.

As to whether your decision to unfriend him was right or wrong. I don't think there's enough information here to make that judgement.

My 2c worth,

Todd

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He could be a closet case or maybe he didn't want his bf to get the wrong idea. Idk I'm sorry that happened.

5. Justinian20

A guy pretty much said a similar thing to me, but he didn't delete his comment. I don't think he's a real friend though cause I get too nervous to talk to him in real life, so in the end it's not a great big concern. I think he is out on Facebook, because he previously stated on the Facebook in a relationship status that he was with a boy.

Basically I compared that evidence and unless he is uncomfortable receiving compliments from a guy, he had no reason to delete the comment I wrote.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2015 at 02:18 PM ----------

The only real reason might be insecure boyfriend. Just cause I don't know what his boyfriend is like, also Todd, even if I did message him he wouldn't have answered at all. He doesn't even answer when I messaged hi how are you to him.

6. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Or maybe he had a fight or broke up with said boyfriend... and your post reminded him of what is no longer...

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He may have felt it uncomfortable for any reason at all. Repeating the comment was not a good idea and I honestly feel it was quite an overreaction that you deleted him on Facebook.

Deleting a comment does shouldn't really be considered a particularly big issue. You don't know why he did it and I think it was quite churlish of you to react the way you did.

8. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people are just too quick to react on Facebook, and some people are over-jealous and over-zealous, and often just plain pathetic.
    I am bi, and married, and I have loads of gay friends, and they often say things like this, or simply "Love you" or "Would love to had a cuddle" to me. They are simply pleasantries, and that is what you were doing.
    If I feel someone is perhaps coming over a bit strong, I'll light-heartidly say "Hey, I am married you know!", and a fair few times, that's fine. I fully understand you deleting him to be honest though. You were just being nice and paying him a complement.
    Some people are just plain inconsiderate on Facebook. I've been the victim of bullying on it recently.
    You weren't wrong, unfriended him, I don't think.

9. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I agree. For whatever reason the comment wasn't welcome and putting another was pushing it a bit much. He didn't unfriend you after that but you unfriended him, and THEN you asked him why he deleted the comments. These are pretty hasty and impulsive decisions. If you're not friends IRL and just on FB then maybe he was uncomfortable with someone he didn't know very well saying those kinds of thing to him. You keep saying he had no reason, but he clearly did or he wouldn't have deleted the comments. In general I would suggest waiting for answers before making decisions and not to lash out before you have all the facts. Your compliments might be heartfelt but they may not always be welcome: that's the fine line between being friendly and harassing someone.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Justinian, you don't know the reason, so saying "for no reason at all" is untrue. He might have a good reason for it.

Personally, I don't find it odd for him to delete your comment: "The boy who has you is so lucky cause you are so beautiful and cute.". If someone where to post that on my picture, I'd reply with a he most certainly is :wink: if my boyfriend decided not to respond himself. That being said, people handle situations differently. He might have found the reaction inappropriate.

I agree with Aussie, but I do not only find it not a good idea, I find the way you replied quite inappropriate. If he didn't like your comment, why would you want to comment on it again, in such a way? He may have felt bad about your comment, so replying in such a way can be taken the bad way (as in, you're trying to insult the person or you're outing your frustration).

You say "so I unfriended him because he is being a complete bitch.". Why? Why is he a complete bitch when he only deletes two comments? I don't understand that whatsoever, seems like a huge overreaction to me. I'm not sure how often you message the guy "hello", but you might come across as a stalker and he obviously doesn't like it: he's not answering your hello messages and he deletes your comments.

To me the whole situation does not seem to be a big deal. I don't understand why you deleted him, but if you feel it's better then I'm glad you did. =)

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well he has a boyfriend and he may not want flirty comments from other guys on his photos. Maybe he did not want his boyfriend to be jealous. Personally, I don't like people posting those kind of comments on my photos that my friends can see, so it could be that he does not want his family or friends to see people overtly flirting with him on his photo comments. It may be weird but I tend to private message people if I wish to say something of that nature about their photo. You should have asked him why he deleted it. Commenting a second time would only make me angry, so possibly him as well.

I think it is good that you deleted him because you were not very good friends if something as silly as this turned into an issue and you apparently are not close enough to this person to even talk about your concerns.

12. Justinian20

I do realize I acted very impulsively and if anyone was a bitch in the situation, it was me not him. I just vented my fustration on here and with other actual friends when I message them I don't get super fustrated at them if they don't answer Unlike I did for this guy. I don't think we really were friends anyway, cause we have never really had a proper conversation.

13. Justinian20

I think my problem with overreacting to small things like this comes from the way I think. I think that when boys do things as small as telling me to shut up and deleting comments on Facebook that they are doing it because they hate me. My first thought on this situation was why'd he delete my comment I bet he hates me and that's why he did it. The second comment was basically just me seeing if he did hate me, so when he deleted my comments out came the bitch because that is how I saw it. I saw it as him doing it to spite me and show he hated me.

I always see motives behind the smallest of actions by men. None of this happens around women at all, I am perfectly fine around a woman doing these things, but a man I see way too many secret motives to just hurt me, a lot of this is based off how I was used by boys in high school. I can't trust men easily so the way I react to those things show I may be a bit paranoid.

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, if it were some kind of celebrity or model, and his page were filled with similar comments, it might not be an issue, but if he's just an average guy, and you barely know him, it might come off as creepy/clingy. Like others have said, it could have been any number of reasons (and for all we know, it might have been his boyfriend who deleted them, assuming he has access to the account).

Personally? I would have asked first, but have also gotten rid of "friends" for being unresponsive. Others have said it's due to their extroverted nature, busy lives, or whatever, but my way of thinking goes: if I don't talk to them, and they don't talk to me, they don't need to be kept in my inner circle.

15. Lucky008

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He loves ur attention
    He doesn't like others seeing ur interest in him esp his boy friend
    He doesn't want his partner to bring up questions on who u are, how he knows u, why did u comment such stuff...
    Bla bla bla..
    I'm sure u did coz u r beautiful within urself! Some people just can't take it !