1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever cheated on someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

First, what is your definition of cheating?

Are you trustworthy now? Did you get caught?

If no, have you ever cheated on?

2. Lyana

I consider cheating to mean breaking the rules of your relationship with someone who isn't a partner. It's possible to cheat in an open or poly relationship.
    If it involves you and another person in a romantic or sexual way and you're hiding it from your partner(s), you're probably cheating.

I've never physically cheated, but I once fell for someon who wasn't my partner and told that person. I didn't get caught, but chose to tell my partner immediately afterward (as in minutes later). Then I cut contact with the other person. This was two or three months into our relationship and we lasted about 7 more months and broke up for unrelated reasons, so there is some value in honesty.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never been cheated on.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My definition of cheating: Anything you have to hide from your partner, is cheating. Even if it's "just texts" - If you have to delete your texts in fear that your partner will find it, you're already cheating. Furthermore, if you're kissing or having sex with someone other than your partner, and you're not in an open relationship, then you're cheating.

I haven't cheated, but I have been cheated on. In most of my relationships in fact. :frowning2:

4. gutsrie

I was with this guy that I was crazy about for about two months before he told me he wasn't sure about us. We never broke it off at the time but the fact was, he hurt me when he told me he wasn't sure. So naturally, I thought it was over and I started seeing other people. He contacted me a while after and apologized and said he would like to resume where we left off. I told him I had already started seeing other people and boy was he upset. And of course, I was upset too because I loved him but I wasn't going to wait around for him but still, it hurt because I felt like I had wronged him. I'm not sure if that counts as cheating or not, but I would never do so willingly on my partners.

5. BiPenguin

No, I've never snuck around.

6. Cider

My definition of cheating is acting out on any sort of attraction that you may have for another person, whether it's only sending nude pictures, to having sex with another person.

I've never cheated on anyone, and I don't think that I've ever been cheated on.

7. BiKate

My definition of cheating (for me personally) is physical cheating, dates, kissing, sex.
    Or online chatting with a person regularly in a sexual/romantic way.

My ex talked to girls on dating apps sometimes. It never got past "Hey, how are you?" But he didn't tell me he was on a dating app and I counted it as him trying to cheat. He used to love signing up to dating sites behind my back too. And once after a heap of lies I uhhhh... stumbled across a bunch of messages online to personal ads all alone the lines of "Hey can we meet up today/tonight?" and he asked one for nudes. None replied back but that really wasn't on for me.

I've never cheated, thought about cheated, or can ever see myself cheating. Maybe flirting without realizing it and checking out other people, but never cheating. Trust and loyalty are big for me.
    I don't automatically hate cheaters though. I had a friend cheat on her partner. Didn't agree with what she did but she's not a bad person, and she did come clean very soon after and broke it off because she wasn't happy in the relationship.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

My definition of cheating is breaking the rules in the relationship. I am monogamous so cheating on me would mean any kind of sex act or romantic gesture (kiss) with another person. For someone else, sex might be okay but no relationships. It's all up to you.

Anyway, I've never cheated and I NEVER will. The fact that I almost never feel attraction to anybody kind of helps me stay faithful, but if I were unsatisfied, I would just break things off like a decent person should.

I've never really had any real relationships, just long distance ones. I technically was cheated on when an ex went to a friend's house and fingered her, which ended our relationship. It's never really affected me though, I'd have less tolerance once I start my first real life one.