1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RvP, Jul 13, 2015.

1. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This summer I thought would be cool because I could hangout with friends and I thought I made a lot this year, but I really didn't. A lot of people don't like me in school and i don't know why. they call me annoying and talk shit behind my back and I find out from other people. It kills me inside and then I pretend like I didn't hear anything and just continuing talking to people acting like I didn't hear what they said about me. I have friends I think. I always ask people if they want to hangout and they don't want to but then I see them on Instagram or snapchat and they are hanging out with other people, and it's really common they do that. My mom asks me if I have any friends and I lie to her to say I do and sometimes I even leave me house and pretend I'm going somewhere when I'm really not and it sucks. This year I finally got a phone and I thought it make people want to hangout and I could talk to them but it was the opposite of that. I have no contacts of friends just my family. During the whole school year I didn't manage to get a friends phone number. I hate it so much I just really want a friend, during lunch I would go sit with some people and I know they didn't want me there because they ignore me and tell me to leave or shut up and then sometimes I even go to the library and pretend I'm doing homework everyday and I don't. I'm not a shy person and I'm not like crazy and yelling I just talk when I want to talk and it's not a lot or little. It's average. I really want some friends to hangout with and I've had one friend across the street from me who then turned against me and now I see him from across the street with his friends and I'm home all the time with my mom and my mom cries because she wants to go outside with me but she's the only friend I have. And I've seen "my friends" I don't even think I can call them friends because I know them and have class with them but they don't talk to me and I see them walking in the street with a groups and I'm just walking with my mom, she makes me happy and she doesnt go anywhere as much anymore because she feels bad and wants to stay with me. I'm not really into joining school activities or sports because I'm not into that and I kind of don't like it. I sit home and watch YouTube all day because, this might sound lame but I try to consider youtubers my friends and I know they're really not... Everyday I take walks far and just cry and become depressed, I've tried to have a party but I had invitations to give but I saw one of my invitations on the floor and written all over, and scratched out and I then I stopped and threw all the invitations away and didn't even have a party at all. And I didn't. I don't know why I don't have friends, I really want one so we can hangout everyday and I don't want to jump into other peoples friendedships I just want to have a friendship on my own. And I don't know when I'm going to have that, I am gay and only have some girls who are friends and guys don't like me because of the way I act so I mostly talk to girls but they don't want to hangout with me, because it's awkward for their parents to see a group of girls and one guy friend. So they rarely don't invite me to their houses and hangout on their own instead. They all get invited to parties and I'm just home watching people's snapchats and seeing what they're up too and that upsets me. I want to know the reason why people don't like me, I'm my a clingy annoying person and I try to talk to people a lot and they don't want to talk to me and I'm just sad! everyday spending my summer home and seeing people that I know all hanging out while I'm just here typing this shit and knowing my "so called" friends are all hanging out

2. souverian

Basically all the friendships I have right now were made online :/

I've been burned too much by real social interaction, so long-distance friendship is really the easiest thing for me to manage.

Sorry if that doesn't really help, but I can definitely sympathize to some extent.

3. Cider

I am so sorry. (*hug*)

I'll be your friend! Teenagers can really be cruel these days, I would know :/

Try joining a club, or any other group you find interesting, and you may make some friends from there? I know you don't want to join any clubs or sports, but that's honestly the best (and sometimes only) way to make friends at school, because you're surrounded by people that take interest in similar things.

Also, you can try on join a GSA or something related to that, you might also find other teens like you, and make some great friends there.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

4. Ryu

Ryu

Is your name Norman Bates? 'Cos you seem to really like your mother... 'Well... A boys best friend is his mother.'... Love that film...

Anyway, yeah, I would say I'm in the same situation, but I'm not, but I can totally relate to alot of the stuff you've said. Most of my close friends are from over the internet and I've never really met...

The stuff that hit me hardest from your wall of text is when you said that your 'friends' turned on you. I get that alot. One of my closed real life friends quite often when around me and the 'cool kids' (aka. Dick heads) says stuff like 'oh what, him? I'm only there 'cos he pays me.' Or things to a simmilar affect.

Just find peace with yourself. That's what I'm gonna do over the holidays. Relax by watching anime and playing guitar. Do the stuff you love doing.

5. Psaurus918

I know how you feel, I'm going through something similar. It sucks as you get older too because friends you were close to meet gfs or get married and spend 99% of time with their spouse or their spouses friends. I went from having a handful of friends I saw on a regular bases to seeing them a couple times a year.

Also in the last 6 months or so, my best friend and I have been fighting like crazy and go through periods were we don't talk for days or weeks. He's changed completely and we argue all the time but he's the only person I'd talk/see on a regular basis and now we haven't hung in 2 weeks and it's so lonely.

Everyone says when you get older you spend time with your spouse and less time with friends and then you have kids and then you spend no time with friends, but being gay makes it even harder to find a spouse.

:icon_sad: anyways, I know this doesn't help but you're not alone (*hug*)

6. Joelouis

If I were your age and local to you then I'd be your friend.
    Young people can be the cruelest of all and I suppose it's because they have no life experience and can't comprehend the hurt they cause others like older people can.

Shortly before I left school myself, I caught my best friend making a rude gesture behind my back but didn't let him know for a week or so. That hurt as I thought we were mates.

As suggested, try and join a club or two, even if you're not too keen on it. Smile more and try harder to be positive - it helps.
    Those people who talk about you or are generally horrible to you are more than likely the same to others so don't think you're the only one they're being like that to.

Chin up son!

7. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, it's like I'm reading my life story. Just about everything you said is what I've been experiencing since probably elementary school and continue to do so now. It really sucks being alone and most teens don't really care at all, unfortunately. I remember my mom and others saying to me that the friends you make in high school aren't going to last and then eventually you'll move on with your life. Just hang tight there and eventually you'll make it out okay.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

Honestly though, it's not a big deal not to have (many) friends as a teen. Get a job, develop your interests and hobbies, strive to do well in school. You'll probably meet people into the same things as you this way. And if not, well.. Friends is what the internet is for :lol:

#8 Batman, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  9. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

For one thing, stop trying to get people to be your friend. Be one, even if nobody will be your friend in return. That is how you define your worth. You are defined by the good you try to do.

The best thing you can do is get another person to talk. It is magic. It makes a person want to follow you like a lost puppy.

You just have to listen carefully for when people have something to say.

For example, a person might start by whining, "You know, people suck." Ding-ding-ding! It is an affective signal that that person has something that he or she wants to get off of his or her chest. When this sort of thing comes along, it's time for you to be that person's pet cat. Shut up, and listen, using "support" phrases like, "I'm so sorry" or "I know, my Mom does that." It doesn't matter what it is. Just keep that person talking, for starters.

Really empathize with that person, though, not just using empty filler language. Care. Take up that person's cause. Feel the same things that person feels. Understand why this particular issue is so important in this person's life. That is a small part of how to be someone else's friend.

But the most important thing is to get other people to talk. If a person talks constantly for hours and you say five words the whole time, I guarantee that that person will remember you as being much more talkative than you actually were and also having very intelligent things to say. That is because you may have only used those five words, but they were high-impact words. They were perfect words that were perfectly timed to open up a flood-gate.

The one thing that most people like to do, more than anything else, is talk and have someone listen and actually care. They're even happy just to hear themselves talk, most of the time; they just occasionally need something more, which is real empathy, where you have to be more engaged. That's it. That is all you ever needed to do in order to make people like you and trust you.

#9 Christiaan, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  10. BiKate

Teenagers can suck. I thankfully have 3 close friends. Though two are still friends with my ex (who they weren't friends with before) and don't really seem to care too much about my life, and the third one I'm pretty sure talks behind my back.

I've been working for a while and am finally starting to get on with people from work. Most of them I'll probably never hang out with outside of work but it is a good feeling being able to talk a bit to people and have them feel like they want to talk to me.
    And I'm going to start volunteering at an animal shelter soon, probably won't make friends but who knows.

I'd see about getting a part time job somewhere like a grocery store or something. But don't worry too much right now. Most friends people make in school end up not being their friends after school anyway. Focus your time on studying and hobbies. If you don't have any hobbies, try and find a few. They don't have to be things you do with other people, but just things to do with you time and that might one day be things you could do with other people.

I'd hang out with you if I lived near you! I'd love a super close friend! At least you have online. You won't always be friendless irl :slight_smile:

11. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everybody
    I know that I've made a lot of typing mistakes but I was too sad to look over it and just posted the thread

I meant to say that I was not an annoying clingy person

I am Almost of age to get a job though. I am 15 and when I'm 16 I'll look into finding a job and having a friend. Hopefully

But thank you all for your responses, you all are really nice people

And yeah I guess that's all I have to say alright! THANKYOU

12. BiKate

Just remember you'll make friends in time :slight_smile: You have plenty of years ahead of you. For some people high school can be great, for others it sucks.
    If all else fails move to my area and we'll hang out every day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Good luck with it though!

13. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been there but I'm sure if you weren't around people would miss you.

(!)(!)(!) besides these dancing bananas are your friends and so am I :slight_smile:

14. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure if I wasn't around no one would notice...

15. Rainbows~Exist

I'll be your friend! (*hug*)

P.S. Is every kid where you live a giant d***? You sound like a nice guy...