1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Idiosyncrasies/habits?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Jul 13, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So basically what are some weird habits you have that don't make any sense?

For me, when I eat a meal with several different foods, I always eat one food at a time and have to finish each one entirely before eating the next. Usually it's in a certain order of food groups too.

2. souverian

If you hand me a drink, expect me to finish it before putting it down, or if I do put it down, not for long.

This is a problem when it's an especially large drink.

3. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sometimes feel my hair and then sniff my hand. .____. I just like the texture, and smell of my hair - is that a crime? LOL

4. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have that SAME habit with eating one certain food on my plate, then the next. xD The other habits I can think of though is the ones triggered by nervousness or anxiety which would be picking at my nails, biting my lower lip or picking at the skin. ;-;

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I do this exact same thing. I also smell the inside of my hat, because it smells like "me." And I like the way I smell? *shrug*

I'm super conscientious about how my hands smell so I'm constantly smelling them, which probably doesn't paint a very good picture...

With eating, I eat in a counterclockwise direction around the plate, and eat each food group in the same quantities. Like if I take a bit of potatoes, next I'll take a same sized bit of roast, and so on. That way each food group is finished at relatively the same time.

When I'm nervous, I tap my fingers in a particular pattern to calm me down. Index - tap, tap. Middle - tap, tap, tap. Ring - tap. Then backwards and then doubled. Or some other random pattern.

I don't look people in the eyes when I talk to them, which is a matter of much scolding.

And I just realized that all of the above could probably be described as symptoms of Asperger's syndrome... Haha.

6. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I also have trouble with eye contact. -tries to look in the eyes- I just..................CAN'T ;m; -goes in corner-

7. syds

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One habit I have that my friends find weird is that I absolutely cannot sleep with the TV off. It's something about the background noise that I find really soothing. I also have OCD so I have a plethora of habits about double and triple checking things to make sure things are off or unplugged.