1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just take it already, I don't understand ya!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Jul 13, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello lovely ladies, gents, and cat people!!! Sorry I've been off for a while but I am noq in Florence ,South Carolina.. woohoo!!!.

So my qucik q for today is do you ever hate/dislike when people are nice to you.
    I don't know why.. well I do know... (we know ourselves better than anyone else) but I just don't feel like going over it lolz.
    I just get so uncomfortable when someone compliments me or is nice.. I don't know.

It's like that meme on Facebook that says " when someone fine af compliments you".. and then there's another caption with a type of character making a face like " you serious?"

I hope to hear your guy's comments ;-D(!)(!)(!)

2. souverian

yeah, I really don't know how to respond well

my main problem though is when people ask me what I'm thinking right now

I get caught trying to figure out what thought I should tell them I'm thinking because either my actual thought is inadequate or it's self-referential (e.g. "I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm thinking right now")

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Compliments feel a thousand times worse than insults :lol:

4. CyanChachki

No? Not unless I already dislike them or I know that they're only being nice to me because they want something from me or they want me to do something for them and it's just their way of trying to get what they want. Other that, no.

As for compliments, I'm a little skeptical because people have only complimented me because they where incredibly desperate to be with someone, so they decided to bate me with compliments in hopes of being returned with them or I'm only complimented as a joke (Which is extremely rude and if you think it's funny, you are a HORRIBLE person and you should feel bad) so I get where your coming from.. but if the said person was truly genuine about their compliment, I would take it and I would appreciate it like a little flower or a kitten or something.

5. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yaaaasss!!!!(!)(!)(!)

6. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Absolutely. Anytime someone compliments me in real life out of the blue, my first internal reaction is a sincerity check. If I truly believe I deserve the compliment and they are a person who would normally compliment an action like that, then they pass. Otherwise, it's a red flag to me and I just wait to hear what they want in a few minutes/hours. :dry:

I've been trying to get better at accepting a compliment, but I'm not there yet.

7. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry people have done that.. I've never dated nor have been approached by anyone like that... well maybe one... he wanted to mix business and pleasure but the universe didn't raise no fool lolz. I do mean when someone is genuinely nice tom me it just makes me feel weird.. I don't know.. usually I'm always the caretaker and the does for everyone else.. perhaps I just need to sit back and let others worry, compliment, or whatever it is idk..:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf