1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Mandela International Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RebelD, Jul 14, 2015.

1. RebelD

I haven't been on EC in a long time, but with Mandela day around the corner I thought about how much I have changed and grown these last few years. And EC played a big part in that. So it's time to give back :icon_bigg

As many of you may know, Nelson Mandela Day is on the 18th of July (Madiba's birthday). Mandela day is a call for people around the world to take action and make a difference. It is based on the idea that individuals can change the world. All that is required of you is 67 minutes. 67 minutes of volunteering in honour of the 67 years that Mandela fought for freedom and social justice.

It may sound like work... but through helping others, you help yourself. I used to believe that I was worthless and that I couldn't make a difference. Until a friend invited me to help build a house. She showed me that I was making a difference each day. If you can make someone smile or show someone kindness, you are making a difference. It is one more smile or one more act of kindness that that person will experience. So don't miss out on an opportunity to have an impact on someone's life.

I thought this would be a good place for everyone to share their plans for Nelson Mandela Day. And if you don't know what to do yet, you can get some ideas here.
    So let's change the world :eusa_danc

[YOUTUBE]XTQyXq-f_Is[/YOUTUBE]

2. Cider

This is great! I'll make sure to try to help people on his day. :slight_smile:

3. RebelD

Fantastic! Happy that at least someone will take part :slight_smile: